fingerprint letter instead of green card

Wikiposts

fingerprint letter instead of green card

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Jetlagged_again is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fingerprint letter instead of green card

Hi,

Background : spousal cr1 filed and approved in London now in US awaiting green card.

We received a letter today saying we have to be at the Chicago area application support center at noon tomorrow or our application would be denied. The only service they provide is fingerprinting. My UK wife was fingerprinted at the POE when her passport was stamped, and we were told her GC would soon be mailed to us (that was early February)

Has anyone else had this happen or know why they they need us to make the 4 hour round trip for another set of fingerprints? It is too late to contact them before we have to be on the road.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Lee
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fingerprint letter instead of green card

Originally Posted by Jetlagged_again
Hi,

Background : spousal cr1 filed and approved in London now in US awaiting green card.

We received a letter today saying we have to be at the Chicago area application support center at noon tomorrow or our application would be denied. The only service they provide is fingerprinting. My UK wife was fingerprinted at the POE when her passport was stamped, and we were told her GC would soon be mailed to us (that was early February)

Has anyone else had this happen or know why they they need us to make the 4 hour round trip for another set of fingerprints? It is too late to contact them before we have to be on the road.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Lee
Does not sound typical, but I guess I would go, in case it's not a mistake.

Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...does it say what application it's referring to? You don't have any right now.

Renee
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

There may be a problem with the prior biometrics or pics and they have to be redone. Happens from time to time.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

There is ONLY one option here - go to the appointment!

Yes, it may be a mistake, but you're talking about the ability to stay here legally and, as stated, your application may be denied and that involves more time and, most certainly, money!

Not to mention the possibility, no matter how slight, of being sent back to the UK until it's sorted out.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
... but you're talking about the ability to stay here legally...
No, he isn't. His wife has already been lawfully admitted as a PR and has an endorsed visa to prove it. This is all about card production which is merely proof of her status - it isn't the status itself.

Not to mention the possibility, no matter how slight, of being sent back to the UK until it's sorted out.
You must have pulled that one out of a hat... because it has no basis in reality!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Apr 3rd 2014 at 1:26 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
.... out of a hat...
I guess you're in a good mood today Ian!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
There may be a problem with the prior biometrics or pics and they have to be redone. Happens from time to time.
I've had fingerprints rejected and redone. They are quite tricky to get right, and having them rejected for reasons of quality is fairly common.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:19 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

When i first came here, after I had been here several months, I got a letter in the mail informing me that my fingerprints needed to be redone. They told me to go to the local jail, and gave me a fingerprint form. It was quite strange, but I did it anyway, and all was well. This was many moons ago.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:01 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

The fingerprint errors used to be more common back in the day of use of prints on paper. With the electronic livescan prints, there is an instant rejection. So, the later rejection is a lot less common than it used to be.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 4:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I guess you're in a good mood today Ian!
Got a bleedin' flat tire on the way to work this morning. I'm not sure what it was that I hit, but it was either swerve to the left or right and side swipe other cars in an effort to avoid... or take one for the team! Sheila says I made the right decision. Whatever it was, it ripped a 3" C-shaped hole on the inside tire wall... the thing's bloody useless now! Glad I'm a AAA member! It was swapped out and I was back on the road within 45 minutes.

Ian
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

Take a chill pill, dude.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Jetlagged_again is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, everyone. We rang the number on the form and the rep said maybe the fingerprints didn't come out right, so we went ahead. It didn't take very long.

For those that need to find the Naperville ASC, it is in the retail park at the junction of 59 and 34 diagonally across the road from the big UHaul centre and behind the Outback. It is in a little strip of shops that faces the supermarket.

Cheers,
Lee
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I've had fingerprints rejected and redone. They are quite tricky to get right, and having them rejected for reasons of quality is fairly common.
me too!! they couldn't be read - off we went again - 8 hours round trip to the nearest centre!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
me too!! they couldn't be read - off we went again - 8 hours round trip to the nearest centre!
I had to go downstairs. ..... They weren't immigration finger prints.