Moving home/address

Old Jun 10th 2018, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

PBRlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving home/address

I am currently pending aos from K1, me and my wife are moving apartment next week .

Am I correct in saying I would fill out the online uscis address change form and attach my receipt numbers for i-485 & i-131/i-765 (renewal). This would then update all my applications with USCIS

Furthermore, is there a form my wife (usc) needs to fill out as she is the sponsor for the i-864?

Do we receive any correspondence back from USCIS when completing the address change form that is has been processed and completed?

Is there anything else immigration related that I need to update?

We have setup mail forwarding via USPS for our new apartment.

Many Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2018, 6:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving home/address

Originally Posted by PBRlad
Am I correct in saying I would fill out the online uscis address change form and attach my receipt numbers for i-485 & i-131/i-765 (renewal). This would then update all my applications with USCIS
No. It's a 2-step process. See here: https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange. Scroll down to the portion that says "Have pending applications or petitions, you need to complete two steps".

Furthermore, is there a form my wife (usc) needs to fill out as she is the sponsor for the i-864?
Yes, form I-865, sponsor change of address.

Do we receive any correspondence back from USCIS when completing the address change form that is has been processed and completed?
Not to my knowledge, no.

Is there anything else immigration related that I need to update?
No.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2018, 8:15 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

We moved last month. I did an AR-11 online and my husband mailed an I-865. I got email confirmation back. My husband got a paper I-797 receipt in the mail (at the new address).
Old Jun 14th 2018, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

PBRlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No. It's a 2-step process. See here: https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange. Scroll down to the portion that says "Have pending applications or petitions, you need to complete two steps".

Underneath that it says the new online form does both steps in one online?

Yes, form I-865, sponsor change of address.

Not to my knowledge, no.

No.

Rene
Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
We moved last month. I did an AR-11 online and my husband mailed an I-865. I got email confirmation back. My husband got a paper I-797 receipt in the mail (at the new address).
When you completed the form online and added your current receipt numbers it printed the official uscis ar11 form on the bottom it had a confirmation number .Did you also mail this?

Is there anyway to check online that your address applications have correctly been updated?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, I can't answer as we never did one.

Rene