British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Finally! I130 can be filed online starting from today! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/finally-i130-can-filed-online-starting-today-928959/)

Blanca Oct 30th 2019 7:07 pm

Finally! I130 can be filed online starting from today!

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that petitioners can now complete and file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, online. Online filing allows aliens to submit forms electronically, check the status of their case, and receive notices from USCIS.
WELL DONE USCIS!

civilservant Oct 31st 2019 11:41 am

Re: Finally! I130 can be filed online starting from today!

It's about time

stuwoolf Nov 1st 2019 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Blanca (Post 12756596)
Quote:
WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that petitioners can now complete and file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, online. Online filing allows aliens to submit forms electronically, check the status of their case, and receive notices from USCIS.
WELL DONE USCIS!

Does this electronic submission include sending to DCF London?

tom169 Nov 1st 2019 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by stuwoolf (Post 12757591)
Does this electronic submission include sending to DCF London?

Isn't that going away?

stuwoolf Nov 1st 2019 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12757616)
Isn't that going away?

I believe so but in the meantime, until this option does go, is the option to submit electronically available for DFC London?

Rete Nov 1st 2019 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by stuwoolf (Post 12757619)
I believe so but in the meantime, until this option does go, is the option to submit electronically available for DFC London?

You will have to check on the Embassy's website.

Blanca Nov 1st 2019 1:00 pm

Full email below:

“Form I-130 is one of the most widely filed USCIS forms,” said USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli. “As we continue our transition to paperless operations, petitioners can now experience the convenience of filing electronically. USCIS is increasing the number of forms available for online filing to make our agency more effective and efficient.”

With today’s addition, individuals can now file eight USCIS forms online:
  • Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539 is the first online application filing that uses USCIS’ eProcessing strategy. Check your eligibility for online filing of this form at uscis.gov/i539online.)
  • Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA)
  • Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
  • Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
  • Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
To file these forms online, individuals must first create a USCIS online account at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. This free account allows them to:
  • Submit and track the status of their forms;
  • Pay their fees;
  • Track the status of their case;
  • Communicate with USCIS through a secure inbox; and
  • Respond to requests for evidence.
USCIS still accepts the latest paper version of all forms by mail.

USCIS is using innovation and technology to meet the needs of applicants, petitioners, employees, and stakeholders. Regardless of the paper or electronic format of an application or petition, USCIS is committed to ensuring a secure and efficient process for all.

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov or follow them on Twitter (@uscis), Instagram (/uscis), YouTube (/uscis), Facebook (/uscis), and LinkedIn (/uscis).

scrubbedexpat096 Nov 1st 2019 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12757616)
Isn't that going away?

still nothing definitive on which embassy are closing, although if they digitize it all would be much easier, who knows maybe even facetime interviews!

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 9:28 am

Since this post has anyone filed online? I am in the starting process of submitting the I-130 and cannot use the London route anymore.