Wikiposts

Finally got going!

Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally got going!

YAY just wanted to shout because i'm so excited, we FINALLY completed and sent off our I-129F application (well, he did it in the USA obviously) to begin our K1 application journey! its only been a year or three in the planning!
so um.... how long is the K1 taking these days???????

maddy
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got going!

Originally Posted by Madelina
YAY just wanted to shout because i'm so excited, we FINALLY completed and sent off our I-129F application (well, he did it in the USA obviously) to begin our K1 application journey! its only been a year or three in the planning!
so um.... how long is the K1 taking these days???????

maddy
Congratulations! The K-1 process through London is currently taking around 6 months or so.

Rene
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Finally got going!

Gosh - in terms of preparing to sell up and leave the country, thats not a long time! We just had 10 months of not seeing eachother before he came over to visit in May.... so 6 months for a visa is entirely waitable! With several very necessary planning visits, naturally!

you know, i did send him a copy of my long birth cert to submit with all the paperwork in the end, but i have scoured the instructions and website, and i still maintain that they dont ask for it.... but i'm worried because they will have a birth cert in one name, a divorce decree in my married name, and nothing to show a link between the two as my solicitor took my marriage cert when i got divorced and said the court took it and i wouldnt get it back.Sooooo.... is that alright then?

oh my goodness, i could be in the US for my birthday in February!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh - in terms of preparing to sell up and leave the country, thats not a long time! We just had 10 months of not seeing eachother before he came over to visit in May.... so 6 months for a visa is entirely waitable! With several very necessary planning visits, naturally!

you know, i did send him a copy of my long birth cert to submit with all the paperwork in the end, but i have scoured the instructions and website, and i still maintain that they dont ask for it.... but i'm worried because they will have a birth cert in one name, a divorce decree in my married name, and nothing to show a link between the two as my solicitor took my marriage cert when i got divorced and said the court took it and i wouldnt get it back.Sooooo.... is that alright then?

oh my goodness, i could be in the US for my birthday in February!!!!
You are correct, your birth certificate is not required as part of the I-129F package. You'll have to show it at your visa interview.

At this point, I don't think any problems will arise from the various documents in your different names. If it does, a simple explanation will solve the RFE (request for further evidence).

Rene
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

YAY just wanted to shout because i'm so excited, we FINALLY completed and sent off our I-129F application
Well congrats, slowpokes!
Things might be even speedier now.. it will go quickly!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Zepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations ! - also speaking from recent experience,at the start it seems like a long time but it actually goes by really quickly and then all seems to happen at once
Good luck and best wishes for your new journey in life
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

i think because of the length of time its actually taken us to get to this point, you are right - this part of our journey will go pretty quickly! Too quickly for family and friends i think
As always, good luck to everyone else on the K1 journey!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

um... bugger... was i supposed to write a date on the passport photos submitted with the I-129f? am worried now... i was just reading Zap-Robo's thread, and seems like plane ticket stubs not having years on, and photos not having dates on is a problem i think i hand wrote the dates on my printouts of family visit photos, and theres no actual years on the ticket stub scans... am i gonna get an RFE? or rather, Doug in the USA...
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:05 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

um... bugger... was i supposed to write a date on the passport photos submitted with the I-129f? am worried now... i was just reading Zap-Robo's thread, and seems like plane ticket stubs not having years on, and photos not having dates on is a problem i think i hand wrote the dates on my printouts of family visit photos, and theres no actual years on the ticket stub scans... am i gonna get an RFE? or rather, Doug in the USA...
Don't start freaking out. If you get an RFE, you will simply present the information they want, and that will be that.

I don't remember ever writing a date on passport photos, so I wouldn't be concerned about that one. (Doesn't mean we didn't have dates on them, but I don't remember it, and that's something that would usually stick in my head).

If your plane ticket stubs did not have years on them, well, you can't give USCIS something you don't have, right? Hopefully you have some other form of evidence to show you have met that will indicate a year.

Good luck, and relax....it's just a matter of time now.
~SecretGarden
Old Jun 25th 2010, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Zepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to stress ( I know easier said than done hehe)

I remember writing our names on the back of passport photos but not the date so I have just checked the I-129f instructions pdf and all it requests is the name printed on the back - no date

Even if you do get an RFE it will not really cause a problem just send back what they ask for - we had an RFE on 03/16/2010 because they said they needed my Decree Absolute which we had already sent in with the petition which was a bit confusing ! So all I did was go to the local court and get another copy done and asked them to stamp it with their red stamp as well and sent it back on 03/23/2010.

The petition was then approved on 04/08/2010 so it did not hold things up at all

Not sure this helps at all but thought it might try to ease your worry .
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

i scanned my passport entry stamps - they have years on i think..... okay okay i'll stop panicking
thanks guys... still very exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting!