Wikiposts

finally aos appt nyc

Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:44 am
Just Joined

lostinnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finally aos appt nyc

Finally i get my AOS appt, but i have few questions:
the letter includes the AOS and the fingerprint appt, but the appts are too close to each other.
Fingerprint: March 15 2004
AOS : March 22 2004

Should i be concerned about the fingerprints results not being out by March 22?? if so i might not get the stamp on my passport.
I am confused what to do.
Thank you all for your time and advice.
PS: Appointment letter sent March 4, 2004.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: finally aos appt nyc

Originally posted by lostinnyc
the letter includes the AOS and the fingerprint appt, but the appts are too close to each other.

Should i be concerned about the fingerprints results not being out by March 22?? if so i might not get the stamp on my passport.
I'm glad to hear that you finally received a notice of AOS appointment .

I hope there are no problems in your fingerprints clearance.

Please share your experience with us once your interview is completed.

Good luck with your interview!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My personal thoughts would be, yes, the appointments are too close together to give it time for clearance before the AOS interview.

If you can, you might want to head out early one morning this week and go to the ASC center where you have an appointment and have it done before the 15th. Others have been able to do this without a problem. Be sure to take your receipt for the printing to the AOS interview with you.

The worse that will happen if you are not cleared in time it tentative approval, without the I-551 stamp, and another 2 year wait for someone to notice your file sitting in the corner.

Rete
Old Mar 8th 2004, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
My personal thoughts would be, yes, the appointments are too close together to give it time for clearance before the AOS interview.

If you can, you might want to head out early one morning this week and go to the ASC center where you have an appointment and have it done before the 15th. Others have been able to do this without a problem. Be sure to take your receipt for the printing to the AOS interview with you.

The worse that will happen if you are not cleared in time it tentative approval, without the I-551 stamp, and another 2 year wait for someone to notice your file sitting in the corner.

Rete
Thank you all for your reply,
do you think if i call the CIS customer service, they would get me an earlier appointment?
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your reply,
do you think if i call the CIS customer service, they would get me an earlier appointment?
how long for the fingerprints to get cleared in nyc ?
Please share your experience.
Thanks all
Old Mar 8th 2004, 3:05 am
c

Hi! I'm actor Troy McClure. You may remember me from such threads as
'Re: finally aos appt nyc' and 'lostinnyc: tasty but deadly.'

>Thank you all for your reply,
    >do you
    >think if i call the CIS customer service, they would get me an earlier
    >appointment?

I doubt it very much, at least for the Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens or
Bronx ASCs. You are looking at a minimum of 5 weeks for an appointment
date.

As was previously suggested, just take some ID and your NOA to your
nearest ASC. Most people who have tried this reported no problems
getting fingerprinted early even without an appointment. I myself did
this in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago.

All the best,

Marco

Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations... nearly there!

When did you originally file?

Best regards
Peter

Old Mar 8th 2004, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Peter Newton
Congratulations... nearly there!

When did you originally file?

Best regards
Peter
I applied around august 2001.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:14 am
Just Joined

I applied around august 2001.
Just get back from varick street for my fingerprints, thanks Rete and C for your suggestion.
I get there around 8am, the line was short, all went smouth and fast, get the fingerprints done before the date printed on the appointment letter, how great is that?!!
The only concern i have is the FP being cleared before the interview date (March 22, 2004)?
Does anyone know if they will be cleared by then?
Good luck to all of US.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:33 am

Debidoll is on a distinguished road

Yes, the people who work there in the Bronx are some very pleasant and professional people! Such a difference from the nightmare at Federal Plaza. My hubby's EAD fingerprinting procedure there was quick and efficient....we spent the rest of the day touring the city......
Old Mar 9th 2004, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Debidoll
Yes, the people who work there in the Bronx are some very pleasant and professional people! Such a difference from the nightmare at Federal Plaza. My hubby's EAD fingerprinting procedure there was quick and efficient....we spent the rest of the day touring the city......
I thought they were going to take a digital picture while i was there for my fingerprints.
the lady says they don't take a picture for i-485.
what picutre are they gonna put on the green card?
thanks
Old Mar 9th 2004, 4:36 am
Just Joined

I thought they were going to take a digital picture while i was there for my fingerprints.
the lady says they don't take a picture for i-485.
what picutre are they gonna put on the green card?
thanks

Fingerprint status may be easily found at (304) 625 5590 x3, and it's the fastest of all three clearances.
according to the person i spoke to on the phone, fingerprints clearance take about 24hours to clear after reception.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Fingerprint status may be easily found at (304) 625 5590 x3, and it's the fastest of all three clearances.
according to the person i spoke to on the phone, fingerprints clearance take about 24hours to clear after reception.
Hi all,
My aos interview(coming up in two weeks) is based on a approved battered spouse petition(i-360).
i don't know what to bring with me as evidence and documents, would the divorce decre be necessary and relavant in approving my i-485?
thank you all for your help.
Good luck to all of us.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Hi all,
My aos interview(coming up in two weeks) is based on a approved battered spouse petition(i-360).
i don't know what to bring with me as evidence and documents, would the divorce decre be necessary and relavant in approving my i-485?
thank you all for your help.
Good luck to all of us.
Called FBI today for fingerprints clearance, i was told they received my FP and cleared them in few minutes and the results were sent to BCIS the same day!!!!!!!!!
Wow is this an improvement or what?

Hope for the best & rest

PS:Please post your AOS experience for NY here.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Called FBI today for fingerprints clearance, i was told they received my FP and cleared them in few minutes and the results were sent to BCIS the same day!!!!!!!!!
Wow is this an improvement or what?

Hope for the best & rest

PS:Please post your AOS experience for NY here.

That is standard. Does not mean that NYC will have them in your file or on their computer. So please, do not get your hopes up. Rather you not be disappointed if you are told they don't have your clearance yet. And remember there is the name check clearance that has to be completed as well as the CIA clearance.

You can read NYC AOS experiences on the official experience pages listed under my root post at the start of the forum.

Also you questioned no digital pic. They will use the ones that you submitted with your application. Or you might to get a new set made up to bring with you to the interview.

As for what documentation you need, I don't know as you are asking to adjust status under battered wife. Haven't seen any of them yet.

Rete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.