Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Final Question before filing

Wikiposts

Final Question before filing

Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:52 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Final Question before filing

Ok, last question about the I-130, in section C "Information about your relative" in the section which asks to "List husband/wife and all children of your relative." Should my US citizen spouse's name be entered here or ONLY enter my children back home? On Visajourney's site they have entered NONE here when the application is for a K-3. Some have said I should enter my US wife in this section, so which is the correct answer?
Thanks for all the patience and information
Patrick
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final Question before filing

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Ok, last question about the I-130, in section C "Information about your relative" in the section which asks to "List husband/wife and all children of your relative." Should my US citizen spouse's name be entered here or ONLY enter my children back home? On Visajourney's site they have entered NONE here when the application is for a K-3. Some have said I should enter my US wife in this section, so which is the correct answer?
Patrick
I-130
A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States may file this form to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. A separate form must be filed for each eligible relative.

This form is to be filled in by the US citizen and section C quite clearly say
Information about your alien relative.. you are the alien relative
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:14 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ray6
I-130
A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States may file this form to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. A separate form must be filed for each eligible relative.

This form is to be filled in by the US citizen and section C quite clearly say
Information about your alien relative.. you are the alien relative
And as the Alien relative I list my US citizen wife in that part, Correct? Plus any children from previous relationships, regardless of whether they are being filed for with a petition or not?
Thanks
Patrick
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And as the Alien relative I list my US citizen wife in that part, Correct? Plus any children from previous relationships, regardless of whether they are being filed for with a petition or not?
Thanks
Patrick
NO NO NO!!! Imagine she is filling it in as required
Information about your alien relative THAT YOU......
I think your tired..leave it until tomorrow
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:31 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally Posted by ray6
NO NO NO!!! Imagine she is filling it in as required
Information about your alien relative THAT YOU......
I think your tired..leave it until tomorrow
Yes I agree had a long day,, power went out,, had to fix it, then AC was having problems, is like an oven here

I do see your point and so listed myself and my children (all children of your relative)
Thanks for the help
Patrick

Last edited by inquisitive40; Aug 11th 2004 at 5:42 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:55 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Cool Re: Final Question before filing

So to recap this monring
I filled in my name and my two children's name in this section. Is this correct?
Have I FINALLY got all the files filled?
Patrick
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Patrick
Hi:

The I-130 is a GENERAL form for ALL family related petitions.

"The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:21 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The I-130 is a GENERAL form for ALL family related petitions.

"The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon
Thanks,
something that I am wondering in general about all the forms is, if something is entered incorrectly like, like in the case of this form, if I had put NONE as an answer to this section, what impact does a mistake like that have on the application? Is it something that would be corrected at the interview or would it be a bigger problem for the application? Does the USCIS go through a form like this an correct "obvious" mistakes, i.e. if the petitioner enters an answer to a question and then answers something different elsewhere which is again "obviously" incorrect, do they return the application to the applicant or is it noted and asked to be clarified at the interview?

So more clearly, what impact does a mistake in the forms make? (with the exception of filing something in that would make the applicant ineligble, like saying that they entered the country without being inspected by USCIS)

I currently filled in myself and my two children (living with ex-wife) in this section and think this is correct (still not firing 100% on all cylinders from stress of last few days).
Still wondering why at VisaJourney website on their example forms filed for a K-3 applicant they entered none for this? http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf

Thanks for all the help
Patrick
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to ask them on visajourney (Steve is the person who owns and updates the site) and visajourney is not alt.visa.us.marriage-based.

Rete

Thanks,
something that I am wondering in general about all the forms is, if something is entered incorrectly like, like in the case of this form, if I had put NONE as an answer to this section, what impact does a mistake like that have on the application? Is it something that would be corrected at the interview or would it be a bigger problem for the application? Does the USCIS go through a form like this an correct "obvious" mistakes, i.e. if the petitioner enters an answer to a question and then answers something different elsewhere which is again "obviously" incorrect, do they return the application to the applicant or is it noted and asked to be clarified at the interview?

So more clearly, what impact does a mistake in the forms make? (with the exception of filing something in that would make the applicant ineligble, like saying that they entered the country without being inspected by USCIS)

I currently filled in myself and my two children (living with ex-wife) in this section and think this is correct (still not firing 100% on all cylinders from stress of last few days).
Still wondering why at VisaJourney website on their example forms filed for a K-3 applicant they entered none for this? http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf

Thanks for all the help
Patrick
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
I printed out the I-130 from the visajourney site. If you take it logically, this is what I found:

You, Patrick, are the foreign spouse. MaryJane is the USC wife.
MaryJane is completing the I-130 NOT YOU. MaryJane's relative is you in Section C. Therefore Section C Question 17 is asking for information on YOU. Your wife is MaryJane so her name is can be placed there but since the I-130 is being used in this instance for a spouse rather than for another category of relative the visajourney person put "none" since the form is already completed on page one with the name of the spouse for whom the petition is being sent. And apparently "none" also because the foreign spouse does not have children.

This is my take on it but then I have never had to complete an I-130 as we did the fiancee visa.

The sample does not give the instruction sheet and you must have it there (I hope that you do) and you should read it to see if the instruction sheet is more informative.

Rete
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick,
best of luck with your filing! We'll be eager to hear that everything went great.
Plus, wedding congrats in order yet?
meauxna
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

Thanks for all the help
Patrick
Hi:

The late Chick Hearn had a phrase for when a referee did not call for touching between oppossing players: "No harm, no foul". Its kind of like doing 67 miles per hour on a 65 mph freeway -- ticketing everybody would bring traffic to a standstill.

Look, just the other day I was sending a court brief, everything was ready, we had complied with the court rules on killing trees -- and my eye caught an error [leaving the article "a" out of a sentence. Rather than redoing the whole thing, I corrected it by hand as the quickest way and sent it in]. Typos happen all the time. CIS knows this and they correct them all the time -- the DAO at the interview will have a red pen in hand.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Patrick,
best of luck with your filing! We'll be eager to hear that everything went great.
Plus, wedding congrats in order yet?
meauxna
Wait, hes not married yet? How is he filing AOS?

Patrick, have you been smoking crack?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:17 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally Posted by Rete
I printed out the I-130 from the visajourney site. If you take it logically, this is what I found:

You, Patrick, are the foreign spouse. MaryJane is the USC wife.
MaryJane is completing the I-130 NOT YOU. MaryJane's relative is you in Section C. Therefore Section C Question 17 is asking for information on YOU. Your wife is MaryJane so her name is can be placed there but since the I-130 is being used in this instance for a spouse rather than for another category of relative the visajourney person put "none" since the form is already completed on page one with the name of the spouse for whom the petition is being sent. And apparently "none" also because the foreign spouse does not have children.

This is my take on it but then I have never had to complete an I-130 as we did the fiancee visa.

The sample does not give the instruction sheet and you must have it there (I hope that you do) and you should read it to see if the instruction sheet is more informative.

Rete
That was originally how I had filled it out, with the same logic of "I am the husband" and so putting me in again here was repeating the obvious and that in other cases where the alien is NOT the spouse (maybe a brother or sister) then their current spouses info would go there.

Also to Andrea, we are getting married tomorrow morning , so wish us the best

Gonna do a final post of my cover letters and what I have assembled and that should be the end of it unless someone spots something I missed.

Thanks for being patient with me,, my brain is currently fried
Patrick
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

That was originally how I had filled it out, with the same logic of "I am the husband" and so putting me in again here was repeating the obvious and that in other cases where the alien is NOT the spouse (maybe a brother or sister) then their current spouses info would go there.

Also to Andrea, we are getting married tomorrow morning , so wish us the best

Gonna do a final post of my cover letters and what I have assembled and that should be the end of it unless someone spots something I missed.

Thanks for being patient with me,, my brain is currently fried
Patrick

Well, holy crap.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.