Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filling out papers in pack #3

Wikiposts

Filling out papers in pack #3

Old Mar 19th 2002, 1:05 pm
Bebe

Default Filling out papers in pack #3

Hi This is a follow up to my former post. Today I got packet #3. We never got a 2nd
NOA. Here's our timeline: Jan 29th we submited I-130 and G-325A directly to the
american embassy in Mexico City

date petition filed 01/29/02 date of approval of petition 01/29/02 received our NOA
02/09/02 received pack #3 03/19/02

Now before filling it I need to know what name I should use, here's what happened:
when we filed the I-130 we asked at the american embassy what last name I should use
and they told me that I should use the name I intended to be known by, well so I
don't have a second name but my name is not easy to pronounce by english speakers so
I asked them if on the line for the second name I could use an english second name
and they told me that I could write any name I wanted to show up on my papers, so I
did that. I made up a second name. Now when I fill these papers should I use it too?
when my sponsor fills the affidavit of support should he?

Regarding the affidavit of support, my husband's father is going to sponsor me, does
he have to fill the papers himself? can my husband(USC) fill them and sign them?
because his father lives in the
U.S and we want to be able to fix mistakes or anything ourselves if needed to,
instead of UPSing documents back and forth.

Thank you very much, any insights will be appreciated.