British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Filing Online! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/filing-online-932588/)

Ali_Z May 7th 2020 10:43 am

Filing Online!

Good morning!

im really hoping someone can help me as I am starting to loose hope of filing online.

1.There seems to be so many steps that don’t allow me to enter NA or none! Some of them (with date fields can be explained on additional information) like end dates of things that haven’t ended but some questions the whole page just does not apply!

2.when filing for a child a lot of questions do not apply, but once again it will not let me put NA or none. For example a phone number (beneficiary child) do I just leave it blank or do I enter mine (mother) and explain this on the additional information? Employment is obviously NA but again it doesn’t allow me to input NA on the date section.
3. on the immigration section again this infusion NA for all my husband and two children but only allows me to put in NA on the boxes that aren’t drop down ones.
4. The image screenshot... how would I go about this as my children are too young for school records and have not been baptised as yet?

I have asked a lot of different groups and some people say to leave things blank and others say to make sure you always have NA or None in a field! any help would be greatly appreciated as I am starting to go crazy with this online submission thinking of just doing it the old way and posting. Although because we are in the U.K. really did not want to do it that way.
Many thanks 😊

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...4e9a8627d2.png

S Folinsky May 7th 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Filing Online!

As you know, the on-line I-130 is brand new. So, you won’t be able to rely on other people’s experiences. That said, perhaps I can relate my experiences with past forms which switched to on-line.

Drop-down menus and answer options are by themselves instructions. Also, electronic forms will generally not allow you to continue or will throw up roadblocks if something is left out.

You don’t give context on what documents you are talking about. Do note that the Reciprocity Tables of the State Department are, by regulation, Holy Writ as to what documents are needed and available.

Ali_Z May 7th 2020 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky (Post 12849534)
As you know, the on-line I-130 is brand new. So, you won’t be able to rely on other people’s experiences. That said, perhaps I can relate my experiences with past forms which switched to on-line.

Drop-down menus and answer options are by themselves instructions. Also, electronic forms will generally not allow you to continue or will throw up roadblocks if something is left out.

You don’t give context on what documents you are talking about. Do note that the Reciprocity Tables of the State Department are, by regulation, Holy Writ as to what documents are needed and available.

Yes was referring to the I-130. That is the issue I’m having it will say you should provide an answer however will not allow me to input an appropriate one (ie NA). And especially with the children’s petition because a lot of it does not apply to them. I do not however want to leave answers blank for them to assume.

Noorah101 May 7th 2020 4:41 pm

It seems like you have 2 choices:

1. Fill it out online to the best of your ability, leaving spaces blank due to the online limitations, and send it online; or

2. Fill it out online to the best of your ability, then print it out and fill in the blanks by hand, and then send it in by mail.

Those are your only choices. The online form is too new to have anyone else's experience to fall back on. You are among the first users.

Rene

lansbury May 7th 2020 7:46 pm

This suggestion is a long shot but stranger things have happened. The I-130 instructions say to use N/A have you tried that?. I just wonder if the online form has been programmed to accept only one specific form of response.

Ali_Z May 7th 2020 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12849817)
This suggestion is a long shot but stranger things have happened. The I-130 instructions say to use N/A have you tried that?. I just wonder if the online form has been programmed to accept only one specific form of response.

yes I can input NA on some things but not others that don’t apply. A lot of people (on other groups) keep saying how easy it is to file online so maybe I’m just over thinking it and they aren’t as strict on leaving answers blank. It’s just not really a risk I think I want to take.

Rete May 7th 2020 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12849611)
Yes was referring to the I-130. That is the issue I’m having it will say you should provide an answer however will not allow me to input an appropriate one (ie NA). And especially with the children’s petition because a lot of it does not apply to them. I do not however want to leave answers blank for them to assume.

Perhaps it likes "N/A" better

As lansbury and I said it should be N/A N slash A

You should not leave a blank. Put "none" or "n/a" (be careful with that as N/A is not always the correct response, or "no" or "yes"