filing I-130 CR-1 route

Wikiposts

filing I-130 CR-1 route

Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:17 am
Just Joined

dj_freekey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default filing I-130 CR-1 route

Hi All;

I am currently in the process of filing the I-130 application for my newlywed wife from Ireland, she will be leaving end of the month to deal with some stuff back home.

Anyway in filing the I-130 application (whilst she is still here) is it in anyway possible for the beneficiary (my wife) to file the DS-230 part 1 and 2 does she really have to wait for the service packet 3 to be sent to her to file, could it not be done altogether with I-130 application?

And roughly for the timeline is it too much in hoping that she will be here (if things go smoothly) this time next year?

I have read the CR-1 article in WIKI.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Default Re: filing I-130 CR-1 route

silly me!!!! DS-230 part 2 has to be unassigned for to bring with her at the U.S embassy back home in Ireland!

So... can the DS-230 part 1 be together with the I-130 application.

OR it is a must for her to wait to receive service packet 3?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

You wait for packet 3 before filing DS-230 Part I.

9-10 months seems to be the current processing time when filing in the USA.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj_freekey
silly me!!!! DS-230 part 2 has to be unassigned for to bring with her at the U.S embassy back home in Ireland!

So... can the DS-230 part 1 be together with the I-130 application.

OR it is a must for her to wait to receive service packet 3?
Unfortunately, no she/you cannot file both at the same time. She should definitely be here before spring of next year if not sooner.

The National Visa Center does not send out the package for completion until they have asked for and received and approved your I-864 affidavit of support. You will be contacted by them once the I-130 is approved and send to the NVC. Which regional service center will you be using?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Unfortunately, no she/you cannot file both at the same time. She should definitely be here before spring of next year if not sooner.

The National Visa Center does not send out the package for completion until they have asked for and received and approved your I-864 affidavit of support. You will be contacted by them once the I-130 is approved and send to the NVC. Which regional service center will you be using?
Hi Rete;

I will be using California Service Center.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I used the same. The I-130 was receipted on February 19 and we got our NOA on June 4th.

As we are in similar situations, I thought you might find this useful.

NVC processing times and Consulate appointment times may vary as well.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rete;

Yikes, looks like CSC is a tad slow. They are currently processing applications from December 18, 2007. Although you can see from the other poster that timelines are not written in stone.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=CSC

Bookmark the USCIS website for your future use.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Yikes, looks like CSC is a tad slow. They are currently processing applications from December 18, 2007. Although you can see from the other poster that timelines are not written in stone.
The posted processing times seem to mean little. They were not accurate at all in our case. You may find that your I-130 is approved slower or faster than the posted times --- hopefully the latter.

In any case, I would recommend checking over your I-130 and supporting documentation several times. Include everything it asks for to a T. Sometimes people forget things . . . like to include 2 passport sized of both Petitioner and Beneficiary . . . and mistakes such as these cause delays. CSC won't call you and ask for these things; they will send you a letter (which will probably take ages to arrive given the sorry state of the US Postal Service).

Last edited by californian; Jul 8th 2008 at 4:43 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And roughly for the timeline is it too much in hoping that she will be here (if things go smoothly) this time next year?

I have read the CR-1 article in WIKI.
What was her plan on arrival? Does she really really really need to be back home or could it be put off a few months? What's the rest of your story and have you two met with a US immigration attorney since getting married?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...27&postcount=3
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
What was her plan on arrival? Does she really really really need to be back home or could it be put off a few months? What's the rest of your story and have you two met with a US immigration attorney since getting married?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...27&postcount=3
hello

my wife came on VWP we met, fell in love while she was on holiday visiting her family (I was at the family BBQ)

The reason why we opted for the CR1 route is because if we attempted for her to change her status we don't want the risk or interogation of immigration officers trying to tell us or us to prove to them that it was not her intent to come here for marriage immigration purpose etc..

she wasn't expecting to find love then to marry then to stay for good, so its best for her to go back home sort some stuff out before she comes to live with me, it would be nice though for her to stay =( but i understand she has to go back home end of the month to take care of some things there.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you've made a very sensible plan out of all of it then!

I have to say tho, your concern that you'd have to prove about her intent.. if she didn't even know you when she arrived in the US....
Then again, there's rushing and there's rushing..

You'll find that the wait on the I-130 is the most maddening part; expect up to 6 months but hope for less. However, once USCIS get their mitts off of it and hand it over to the Dept of State/NVC, things will go much more quickly.
Because you're dealing with two different agencies, you can't submit the forms together in the US (I-130 + DS-230).

Each will have its time, and you can study up on the NVC process ahead of time so that you are prepared and can act quickly at each step.
Check in often!