Filing AOS from K1 - a few questions

Wikiposts

Filing AOS from K1 - a few questions

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:33 am
Just Joined

EllieGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing AOS from K1 - a few questions

Hi All,

I should be filing for AOS from a K1 this week, but I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with. Firstly, when I had my medical in the UK, I was missing a Diptheria vaccination (my local GP had run out). Do I need to get this missing vaccination before I apply for AOS, and if so, do I have to go to a USCIS approved doctor (if, so, how do I get a list of such doctors in the Atlanta area)?
Secondly, do K1s already have an alien number? Is it the A number on the NOA 2?
Thirdly, I'll be submitting my AOS, AP and EAD applications to the Atlanta office - do we pay all the fees with one cheque, or submit a seperate cheque for each form? And where does the finger printing fee come in?

Please help, I'm finding it all rather overwhelming!

Thanks

Ellie
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Filing AOS from K1 - a few questions

Originally posted by EllieGlasgow
Hi All,

I should be filing for AOS from a K1 this week, but I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with. Firstly, when I had my medical in the UK, I was missing a Diptheria vaccination (my local GP had run out). Do I need to get this missing vaccination before I apply for AOS, and if so, do I have to go to a USCIS approved doctor (if, so, how do I get a list of such doctors in the Atlanta area)?
Secondly, do K1s already have an alien number? Is it the A number on the NOA 2?
Thirdly, I'll be submitting my AOS, AP and EAD applications to the Atlanta office - do we pay all the fees with one cheque, or submit a seperate cheque for each form? And where does the finger printing fee come in?

Please help, I'm finding it all rather overwhelming!

Thanks

Ellie
I'm not sure about your vaccination question although when my husband applied today they gave us a checklist of things that needed to be his I-485 packet and the person crossed off the vaccination supplement when we told her he was K-1. This was for Philly so I don't know what Atlanta's procedures are.

2) Yes, the A # on the NOA2 is your alien number. It usually has the format A## ### ###.

3)We paid for each thing separately. I've heard you can pay for everything in one check but if for some reason something isn't right with one part, ie something's missing so they can't process it, if everything's in one check then they have to turn away everything, at least that's the impression I've been given. You pay the $50 fingerprint fee at this point too. It was on some I-485 supplement I received when I got my forms by mail. That was the only place I could find it mentioned.

We just applied today in person and they collected the fees for AOS, AP, EAD and fingerprinting. We had separate checks for everything just in case they told us my husband shouldn't apply for AP or something. I got bank drafts from my bank and they didn't charge a fee so there was no harm in getting the separate checks.

Good luck with applying!!!! I hope that all goes smoothly!!

MarDae

PS This advice is based on personal experience and things I've gleaned from other postings...no legal experince here and none claimed.