Wikiposts

Filing Again

Old Jun 8th 2002, 5:20 am
Falcon251163

Default Filing Again

Hi There

I hope someone can help me here is my story back in Dec 99 i went to america on the
visa waiver program met an american and fell in love we got married in Feb 2000 then
we filed the I130 and adjustment of status also the EAD card.After about 3 months i
got my ead card and then got my social security card and things were going well
anyway in oct 2000 we both started to have problems but in the end i flew back to
england in jan 2001.We got the date for the interview for the i485 but cause i was
not there we did not turn up and the INS considered the case abandon.Now i have just
come back from the states where i saw my wife we talked and have decided to give our
marrieage another chance i am going back to visit in september and then would like to
go back permanlty in june of 2003 can anyone tell me what we have to do about the
I130 can i file here in England i still have my SSN card i would appreciated any
help.Oh sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Kevin

Old Jun 17th 2002, 5:20 am
Shelley

Default Re: Filing Again

First of all, once you have a Social Security number it is yours for life. Be sure to
write the number in on all your new immigration forms. Secondly, if you plan to move
permanently next June your wife needs to file the I-130 sometime soon; it will need
to be filed here in the US at a Service Center, not at the Consulate in London. See
this website - the I-130 Immigration Help Site
http://www.geocities.com/immigration_helpsite/index.htm for all the details Take
Care. Shelley

"Falcon251163" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi There
    >
    > I hope someone can help me here is my story back in Dec 99 i went to
america on
    > the visa waiver program met an american and fell in love we got married in
Feb
    > 2000 then we filed the I130 and adjustment of status also the EAD
card.After
    > about 3 months i got my ead card and then got my social security card and things
    > were going well anyway in oct 2000 we both started to have problems
but
    > in the end i flew back to england in jan 2001.We got the date for the
interview
    > for the i485 but cause i was not there we did not turn up and the INS considered
    > the case abandon.Now i have just come back from the states
where i
    > saw my wife we talked and have decided to give our marrieage another
chance i
    > am going back to visit in september and then would like to go back
permanlty in
    > june of 2003 can anyone tell me what we have to do about the I130 can i
file
    > here in England i still have my SSN card i would appreciated any help.Oh
sorry
    > for any spelling mistakes.
    >