Reload this Page >

Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

Wikiposts

Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

Old May 7th 2004, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

My wife and I have been going through the K1 visa process. We sent in our Adjustment of Status package on May 22, 2003 and it was received the next day per return receipt.

From information we've received here on the forum and from calling the national customer service number, we were told 26 Federal plaza was backlogged 1 or 2 years with applications and not to expect an interview any time soon.

Yesterday we got our NOA for our I-485 with an interview date for July 7, 2004 which is a little over a year from when we filed.
Not sure how this happened or why people were predicting such a long delay but we're not complaining.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:24 am
JamesRita4238

Default Re: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

<< Subject: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed
Plaza
Date: Fri, May 7, 2004 8:44 AM
Message-id: <[email protected]>

My wife and I have been going through the K1 visa process. We sent in
our Adjustment of Status package on May 22, 2003 and it was received the
next day per return receipt.

From information we've received here on
the forum and from calling the national customer service number, we were
told 26 Federal plaza was backlogged 1 or 2 years with applications and
not to expect an interview any time soon.

Yesterday we got our NOA for
our I-485 with an interview date for July 7, 2004 which is a little over
a year from when we filed.
Not sure how this happened or why people
were predicting such a long delay but we're not complaining.

--
K1 VISA NYC RESIDENTS

Posted via http://britishexpats.com

>><BR><BR>
AMAZING: I was under the impression that the AOS Notice of Action for K1ers is
sent to applicant upon receipt of 1-485 application with instructions for a
biometrics/finger printing appointment.

Have the procedures changed again?

James

Old May 7th 2004, 7:37 am
JamesRita4238

Default Re: weird, but, good Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

Plaza

--
K1 VISA NYC RESIDENTS

>><BR><BR>
BCIS site now says Now Pross. AOS apps received June 11, 2001

Old May 7th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed Plaza

Originally posted by JamesRita4238
Plaza

--
K1 VISA NYC RESIDENTS

>><BR><BR>
AMAZING: I was under the impression that the AOS Notice of Action for K1ers is
sent to applicant upon receipt of 1-485 application with instructions for a
biometrics/finger printing appointment.

Have the procedures changed again?

James

James, I believe that we did receive an NOA after we filed our I-485 back in May 2003. But the NOA was just a receipt notice stating that the case was opened and pending. I believe my wife did have to go for biometrics shortly after. I believe the trip for biometrics may have been for both EAD and the I-485 but I'm not certain. Regardless, I was as amazed as you when I received another NOA yesterday with our interview date for July 7th and a very long list of instructions and evidence to bring.

Coincidentally, another poster (with the cute cat picture) here filed AOS last May and got their appointment on exact same day and time as my wife and I. Additionally, this same poster just applied for renewal EAD and did biometrics at the same time my wife did. I'm wondering if there is any possible connection with the EAD renewal where it may have "triggered" the AOS NOA to be generated and sent? Either way, I am happily puzzled.?.?
Old May 7th 2004, 9:58 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tcylinder
My wife and I have been going through the K1 visa process. We sent in our Adjustment of Status package on May 22, 2003 and it was received the next day per return receipt.

From information we've received here on the forum and from calling the national customer service number, we were told 26 Federal plaza was backlogged 1 or 2 years with applications and not to expect an interview any time soon.

Yesterday we got our NOA for our I-485 with an interview date for July 7, 2004 which is a little over a year from when we filed.
Not sure how this happened or why people were predicting such a long delay but we're not complaining.
Lucky you!!
Old May 7th 2004, 10:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really an NOA (I-797) or an apppointment letter? There is a difference and would be interested in learning exactly what your wife received in the mail. It does sound like an appointment letter with the supplemental sheets outlining what to bring to the interview.

The lady with the cat photo is mrsm.

Rete

James, I believe that we did receive an NOA after we filed our I-485 back in May 2003. But the NOA was just a receipt notice stating that the case was opened and pending. I believe my wife did have to go for biometrics shortly after. I believe the trip for biometrics may have been for both EAD and the I-485 but I'm not certain. Regardless, I was as amazed as you when I received another NOA yesterday with our interview date for July 7th and a very long list of instructions and evidence to bring.

Coincidentally, another poster (with the cute cat picture) here filed AOS last May and got their appointment on exact same day and time as my wife and I. Additionally, this same poster just applied for renewal EAD and did biometrics at the same time my wife did. I'm wondering if there is any possible connection with the EAD renewal where it may have "triggered" the AOS NOA to be generated and sent? Either way, I am happily puzzled.?.?
Old May 8th 2004, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Is it really an NOA (I-797) or an apppointment letter? There is a difference and would be interested in learning exactly what your wife received in the mail. It does sound like an appointment letter with the supplemental sheets outlining what to bring to the interview.

Rete

It is an official Notice of action on that paper with the wavy lines and statue of liberty torch watermarks. It says Notice of Action on the top and says "Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview". Case type Form I-485, Application to register permanent residence or adjust status. The NOA tells us to come to 26 Federal Plaza on July 7, 2004 and there is a long list on the NOA itself of instructions on things to bring in three different categories: Who Should Come with You, What you MUST Bring, and What Else you Should Bring. We didn't receive any supplemental sheets as everything is explained on the single sheet NOA. It looks like all the other NOA's we've received since we started the K1 process except that this one has more information and instructions than most we've received before.
Old May 8th 2004, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Rete

I forgot to mention that it says: Form I-797C on the bottom of the document.
Old May 8th 2004, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto
Old May 8th 2004, 5:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Great. I'm gathtering information here ;-) Did the envelope come from 26 Fed Plaza or from the NBC/MSC? It is definitely not the forner way of notifying people of pending AOS appointments issued by the NYC District Office.

Rete
Old May 8th 2004, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Great. I'm gathtering information here ;-) Did the envelope come from 26 Fed Plaza or from the NBC/MSC? It is definitely not the forner way of notifying people of pending AOS appointments issued by the NYC District Office.

Rete
Mine came from MSC/NBC.
Old May 8th 2004, 7:45 am
c

Hi! I'm actor Troy McClure. You may remember me from such threads as
'Re: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed
Plaza' and 'mrsm: tasty but deadly.'

>Originally posted by Rete
    >> Great. I'm gathtering
    >information here ;-) Did the envelope come from 26 Fed Plaza or from
    >the NBC/MSC? It is definitely not the forner way of notifying people of
    >pending AOS appointments issued by the NYC District Office.
    >>
    >> Rete
    >
    >Mine came from MSC/NBC.

Likewise. Gray paper, wavy lines, eagle on the top etc.

Cheers,

Marco

Old May 8th 2004, 8:33 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by c
Hi! I'm actor Troy McClure. You may remember me from such threads as
'Re: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed
Plaza' and 'mrsm: tasty but deadly.'

>Originally posted by Rete
    >> Great. I'm gathtering
    >information here ;-) Did the envelope come from 26 Fed Plaza or from
    >the NBC/MSC? It is definitely not the forner way of notifying people of
    >pending AOS appointments issued by the NYC District Office.
    >>
    >> Rete
    >
    >Mine came from MSC/NBC.

Likewise. Gray paper, wavy lines, eagle on the top etc.

Cheers,

Marco
Old May 8th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Rete

I may have thrown the envelope out and don't remember where it came from. I'll check tonight and report back if I still have it.
Old May 9th 2004, 12:49 am
JamesRita4238

<< Subject: Re: Filed AOS May 2003 NYC - Got interview for July 2004 at 26 Fed
Plaza
Date: Fri, May 7, 2004 1:35 PM
Message-id: <[email protected]> >><BR><BR>
<< Yesterday we got our NOA for
    > our I-485 with an interview date for July
7, 2004 which is a little over
    > a year from when we filed.
    > Not sure
how this happened or why people
    > were predicting such a long delay but
we're not complaining.
    > >><BR><BR>

again; CIS currect page 4-15-04 says that it's now processing aos
applications received 6-11-01

quess their info in incorrect

good luck to you!

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.