Reload this Page >

Fiance's Passport Photo for K1 Visa

Fiance's Passport Photo for K1 Visa

Old Apr 19th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

JesseVegas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance's Passport Photo for K1 Visa

Hello there!

I'm new here to the threads so hi everyone!

My partner and I needed some advice! We are applying for a K1 Visa and of course we have to include passport photos of us in it. The problem is, his photos are not properly cut - some of the edges are slanted or and imperfect. Is this going to get our K1 rejected or cause problems? Does the picture have to be perfect cut?

Thank you guys so much for the help, it means a ton!

-Jesse
Old Apr 19th 2016, 10:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance's Passport Photo for K1 Visa

Are these the photos for the I-129F petition, or for the Astral K-1 visa application?

Since you say "we" have to apply passport photos of "us", I assume it's the I-129F, but just making sure.

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2016, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JesseVegas
We are applying for a K1 Visa...
One of you is applying for the K-1 visa; one of you is a US citizen petitioning on his behalf. So, who is who? Has the I-129F petition been submitted?

... we have to include passport photos of us in it.
No, you don't. Whichever one of you is the US citizen doesn't need photos at all.

Thank you guys so much for the help, it means a ton!
We're happy to help - but you need to be more specific when you post.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2016, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

JesseVegas is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the lack of info! I am the American citizen and my fiancé is English.

The photos are for the I-129F petition. I haven't submitted anything yet, as we are still getting everything together, like small bits such as the passport photos.

And thank you very much for the help!
Old Apr 19th 2016, 11:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

The I-129F requires 1 passport photo of the USC and 1 passport photo of the beneficiary. Page 6 of the instructions.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 19th 2016 at 11:52 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 11:29 pm

Jesse,

I would say for the I-129F,is probably OK if the photo isn't perfect.

For the visa application, it must be.

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2016, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The I-129F requires 1 passport photo of the USC and 1 paper photo of the beneficiary. Page 6 of the instructions.
Ah - thanks for catching that. My bad!

Ian