Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:40 pm
Dan

Default Fiancee visa & criminal record

I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me if they have
obtained status in the US with a criminal record. Or perhaps somebody
who knows a little about it could tell me if I have a chance of
gaining status with my criminal record which includes 4 minor offences
and a slightly more serious offence (although not serious enough to
get me put in jail!) - none of these offences were drug related.

Thanks - I would really appreciate any information anybody could give
me.

Old Jun 26th 2003, 12:12 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if you were over 16, you'd have to file a waiver, but you have to get turned down for the visa before you can file the waiver. When you say serious, what do you mean by that? I think they go by what the max sentence could have been, rather than what you actually got.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point

http://foia.state.gov/famdir/masterd.../0940021aN.pdf

This link gives all the details... Hope this helps.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

You have to apply for your K visa, for which you will be turned down.

Sooooooo be prepared, get the USC to prepare ALLL evidence of why it would be a hardship for them to move to your home. Include every reason you can think of, health care, job security, family, moving costs and even include the fact of a family pet if they have one. Remember, if they are coming to the UK with a family pet, 6 months in quarantine will cost on average £ 2000+ per animal. Can you be certain that the distance from kennel to your house is one that will allow reasonable access to see the animal ?

Use EVERY reason you can think of, never mind if it seems trivial, the more you include the better it will be for you. Also, get your USC to write a letter stating their hardships for moving. Get their family to each do a letter stating what the effect of the USC move would have on the family.

Don't waste time thinking you might / might not need it. Just prepare all the evidence backing the I-601, better to have the stuff and not need it, than not have it. Saves time. The filing fee for a 601 is £ 195. ( Currently £120-130)