British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Fiancee K1 visa Approved. Thank you all (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/fiancee-k1-visa-approved-thank-you-all-866339/)

Anthony.DeSouza Oct 8th 2015 10:53 am

Fiancee K1 visa Approved. Thank you all

Thank you to everyone who kindly replied to my questions in this wonderful forum. Yesterday it all came together beautifully and my application was Approved :amen:

Here is a quick run down of what happened for those interested.

I got to the US Embassy at 8am for my 9am interview - it is a nice walk from Bond Street Underground.

There are three queues outside.

LEFT: Where you go if you are 1hr+ early
MIDDLE: where you go if your appt is in next half hour
RIGHT: where you go if your appt is now-ish
(People who are late should talk to an official)

When an official saw I was there for a K1 immigration interview she told me to go upfront right away because there were so few that day applying for immigration visas - was just starting to drizzle - RESULT!

When you get into reception you hand over your interview letter and get a number assigned and some stickers that they reuse. The seating area is large and has refreshments. There are 10 booths along it. There are more around the corner, not in sight, which are quieter - and just past the toilets - and that is where my booths were. It was kind of torturous waiting. The screen pings and you look up to read your number. There are different prefix's with different numbers I, N, E etc so you feel like you have to look up every time when you hear the ping as they don't announce the numbers. You can sort of rely on the order of your visa and look out for the ones just before yours but that could potentially get out of step.

I sat down about 10-15 minutes and was then called to be finger printed and hand over supporting documents: birth certificate, police certificate, visa receipt and I-134, along with Fiancee Intent and Employer letters (they didn't want any other supporting documents - I had my fiancee's W2 and a pay slip - but they said to keep that for future Adjustment of Status)

I sat down again and was entertained when across the intercom it was announced "DUCK AND TAKE COVER! GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS!"

People looked around bemused and ignored it like "Am I Bothered?" lol
Embassy staff later apologised for the mis-timed playback :o

About an 80 mins later I was called up a second time, finger printed and then had to swear everything was accurate before answering just a few simple questions before the lady approved my application:

How did you meet?
What does your fiancee do?
Where does she live?
Does she have and children?
What are their names?
Have you ever been married?

I was also given my Knightsbridge chest xray on CD and the results to be used in my future AOS.

Good luck to everyone applying and don't be needlessly stressed like I was.

:thumbup:

ian-mstm Oct 8th 2015 11:53 am

Re: Fiancee K1 visa Approved. Thank you all

Originally Posted by Anthony.DeSouza (Post 11767454)
Yesterday it all came together beautifully and my application was Approved :amen:

Congratulations! :)

Ian