Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Originally Posted by Kapan
Thanks very much Ian. This is really helpful.

With regards to foreign police certificate, i fall into this category:
"Non-Indian applicants who reside in India and are not FRRO registered, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of Indian status or members of the Tibetan community holding Identity Certificates, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence."
so I am assuming by area of residence meaning where i currently reside in the UK?
You are telling us now that you are not an Indian and that you are currently residing in India?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see this getting confusing but essentially I am unable to associate myself with any of the categories listed on there. I hold Overseas Citizen of Indian status but don't live there. or i can even consider myself to be in thic category :Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I can see this getting confusing but essentially I am unable to associate myself with any of the categories listed on there. I hold Overseas Citizen of Indian status but don't live there. or i can even consider myself to be in thic category :Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
Honestly?

Do you hold an Indian passport and do you live outside of India?

So what you think the answer is?
Old Aug 4th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

I am British citizen living in the UK.
I do not hold an Indian passport, however because I was born in India i do have a OCI which Overseas citizen status

Hope this helps
Old Aug 4th 2017, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i can even consider myself to be in thic category :Indian passport holders residing outside India...
No, you can't. You are an OCI; you don't hold an Indian passport - so that rules you out of this category.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2017, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

After a lot of searching online, i figured that it is possible to get a foreign police certificate from the embassy in India so that just leaves one thing to clarify.

@Ian- Thanks for sending this link https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ountry/IN.html
it says :

"If an individual born after April 1, 1970 is unable to obtain a birth certificate, a certificate of non-availability is generally available from local authorities...

In cases in which a birth certificate from authorities is unavailable or contains insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, the following documents could be accepted as secondary evidence in lieu of the birth certificate:

"School-leaving certificate, Matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant; or, a baptismal certificate from a church.
OR

If none of the above can be obtained; applicants may provide a notarized affidavit executed by either a parent, if living, or another close relative older than the applicant. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, the date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts."

which is re-assuring as i have my school leaving certificate, however I want to check if this will be acceptable to them as in the documents required section it states that they need a birth certificate/alternatives but this "school leaving alternative isn't an option on their checklist"

Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2017, 12:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I want to check if this will be acceptable to them as in the documents required section it states that they need a birth certificate/alternatives but this "school leaving alternative isn't an option on their checklist"
Since this is what you have and you can't manufacture evidence that doesn't exist, you really don't have an option. If they accept it... great. If not, they'll let you know. One thing is for sure: if you don't submit what you have, absolutely nothing will happen.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2017, 1:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen it come up quite a few times, usually with Indians sponsoring Parents who were born in villages at a time when births were not documented.

They probably don't have this as an option because it would not be an issue in the UK to obtain a Birth Certificate.

Do I take it that you never had a birth certificate?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks
I have a birth certificate which is in India, but i will have to travel to India to get it as its in a safe.
One other thing i want to ask was if there is a timeline by which I have to book an appointment by: 3 months, 6 months etc?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I have a birth certificate which is in India, but i will have to travel to India to get it as its in a safe.
One other thing i want to ask was if there is a timeline by which I have to book an appointment by: 3 months, 6 months etc?
One year, but keep in touch with the embassy to let them know you're not abandoning the case, that you need more time to obtain your documents. The approved I-129F is valid for 4 months, but the officer can (will) extend it at the time of the interview.

Rene

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks,
4 months from the date i received the letter from the US embassy in london to initiate the visa process or 4 months from the date the petition got approved?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

4 months from the date the I-129F got approved. It should say so on the approval notice.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2017, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, i think i will need sometime to gather the documents they have requested..
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hello All,
When does the visa validity start from. From the date of the health assessment or when you attend the interview? I remember someone mentioning that it starts from the date of health assessment but how do they know that I will be getting a visa at that time?
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

and second question: Do i need to supply the affidavit of support for this step, if I am applying for K1 fiance visa?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/ it says:
"K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form. However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.