Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Jul 24th 2017, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Whilst you can't accelerate / expedite this, you can make sure you have everything ready to go so you don't voluntarily slow the process down at all.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again
I received a letter from US embassy in london acknowledging that they have received an approved petition and for me to start the process of applying for the interview. I was wondering if i can schedule the health assessment now whilst i am assembling and waiting for other documents or do I have to do everything in order of these steps: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...-instructions/

Help please. Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
I was wondering if i can schedule the health assessment now...
Yes. However, the visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical... not from the date of the interview - so, if you have the medical too soon, it may severely limit the validity period of the visa once its issued.

Ian
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian, I am not sure how long approx will i have to wait to get an appointment for the health assessment so wanted to schedule it in advance if possible. I didnt know the visa validity would be from the date of the medical, i thought it would be the day my passport gets stamped after the interview
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian, I am not sure how long approx will i have to wait to get an appointment for the health assessment so wanted to schedule it in advance if possible. I didnt know the visa validity would be from the date of the medical, i thought it would be the day my passport gets stamped after the interview
Knightsbridge typically let you schedule for the next month or so. Give them a call and ask when they're taking appointments for.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks will check with them, Just noticed it says this on the website for booking the health assessment appointment

"Please do not schedule an appointment unless you have received your appointment letter from the National Visa Center or, if your application is being processed by the IV Unit, you have been advised that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit, London."
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, because you need your LND case number.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, but I already have the LND number on the letter i received to initiate this process.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

On their websites it says: In Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. Click here for further information. Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

But where do I see the list of documents required I need to send?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

On their websites it says: In Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. Click here for further information. Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

But where do I see the list of documents required I need to send?
Within Step 2 there is a "Click here" button which takes you to the list.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Of course there is... sorry i am going blind!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there is... sorry i am going blind!
No problem... that's the effect visa applications have
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Having looked at the documents they have requested, I have realised i do not have my birth certificate and without visiting the country of my birth India I don't know what else i can provide them with.
Foreign Police certificate! Same applies to this, without visiting India I cant get this
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Having looked at the documents they have requested, I have realised i do not have my birth certificate and without visiting the country of my birth India I don't know what else i can provide them with.
Check out the reciprocity tables for India. Scan the left side for the type of certificate you want, and then follow the instructions given.

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Ian. This is really helpful.
I have checked it out for birth certificate and it says:
"If an individual born after April 1, 1970 is unable to obtain a birth certificate, a certificate of non-availability is generally available from local authorities...

In cases in which a birth certificate from authorities is unavailable or contains insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, the following documents could be accepted as secondary evidence in lieu of the birth certificate:
School-leaving certificate, Matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant; or, a baptismal certificate from a church."

and I have my school leaving certificates, matriculation certificate etc so hoping that would work instead of the birth certificate.

With regards to foreign police certificate, i fall into this category:
"Non-Indian applicants who reside in India and are not FRRO registered, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of Indian status or members of the Tibetan community holding Identity Certificates, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence."
so I am assuming by area of residence meaning where i currently reside in the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.