Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old May 23rd 2017, 2:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Originally Posted by Kapan
Thanks both, I submitted flight tickets and boarding passes. Probably not sufficient
Yeah, that just proves you flew. Include photos together and also a copy of your passport stamps.

Rene
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question- How many photos should i attach?
Assuming they want to see both of us together in the photo and not individual ones?
Old May 24th 2017, 12:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question- How many photos should i attach?
Assuming they want to see both of us together in the photo and not individual ones?
Quality counts, rather than quantity. If you have a handful of pics that show you either together, or in the same place at the same time, that's good. Nice if you have pics with family or friends. Photos with a date in the pic somewhere is good, too.

Rene
Old May 24th 2017, 12:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I sent 4 or 5, at the interview they just looked at one. No need to over do it. I agree with Noorah, quality every time.
Old May 24th 2017, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

My pictures were taken with a Phone, so i am planning to print them on a photo paper, hand write the date and place at the back of it,
Will that do?
Old May 24th 2017, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

My pictures were taken with a Phone, so i am planning to print them on a photo paper, hand write the date and place at the back of it,
Will that do?
That worked for me.
Old May 24th 2017, 11:41 am

Will that do?
Yes.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,
Another thing that I am not sure of is the certificate of no marriage. Do i need to submit one. I have been watching some videos online which suggest I should submit one but this will take a long time to obtain 21 days so i only want to wait if it is mandatory. They didn't ask for it in the RFE
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:51 pm

Never heard of that one before.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2017, 9:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Another thing that I am not sure of is the certificate of no marriage. Do i need to submit one. I have been watching some videos online which suggest I should submit one but this will take a long time to obtain 21 days so i only want to wait if it is mandatory. They didn't ask for it in the RFE
You are going for a K-1 right? If so, what is this certificate of marriage, unless you and they are referring to a marriage certificate which is obtained AFTER a marriage ceremony is performed by the appropriate official. You won't have a marriage certificate.

Where is this video that you have been watching for information? Inquiring minds would like to know
Old Jun 10th 2017, 9:57 pm

I believe the OP is talking about a "Certificate of NO marriage", which I think some Asian countries have, which proves the person is NOT currently married.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2017, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

PI for example. Mandatory.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe the OP is talking about a "Certificate of NO marriage", which I think some Asian countries have, which proves the person is NOT currently married.

Rene
That is exactly what I was thinking, as well. A certificate that states they are free to marry and normally it is used in PI. But then he is not marrying a citizen of the Philippines but a US citizen so I discounted that. Why do people look for advice in such places that have no bearing on them?

Last edited by Rete; Jun 10th 2017 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks All for your help. Just got a letter saying petition is approved and a letter will be sent to me in the UK from NVC. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to accelerate the process ?
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:01 pm

No, nothing can accelerate the process.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.