Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Nov 14th 2018, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Read the I-693 instructions again and noticed it says : "Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693."

It says "if the vaccination record was not properly completed and included .... then you will have ..."
What should i conclude as being properly completed in this case. I have the DS 3025 and it is signed by the panel physician however it says on it " Further vaccinations are recommended as required" and i have proof that these vaccinations were given to me.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Kapan ... this was all in my post #213 to you ... but glad you decided to do the research on your own.

I know you want to save money. Who doesn't. So you have had the flu shot, are trying not to spend the $119 to the civil/panel doctor to complete a new I-693 vaccination report for you thus signing off that you have had the inoculation, so now you need to make your OWN decision. Do you or don't you spend the money. Only you can decide.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
Thanks, looks like its going to be an expensive affair. called up a few approved doctors and on avg they are saying 119+
even though I had everything done in UK (except the flu).
Are they quoting just signing off on the vaccinations, or are they quoting a whole medical exam? Often the receptionist has no clue, and just quotes the price of a full medical.

Rene
Old Nov 14th 2018, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exam will be a lot more and many will not just sign the form, I found somebody to do it for free, YMMV
Old Nov 14th 2018, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Can use a HSA if you have one .
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all, what is a HSA? I am in New York at the moment and trying to find someone i can really trust. Different civil surgeons have different rates. I went to one recently however the civil surgeon wasn't there and the assistant looked at my records (DS3025) and other vaccinations i obtained after having my medical in UK before coming here. I was told by the assistant:
1. You need to gave GC Test for Gonorrhea
2. Quantiferon Gold Test for TB
3. Varicella Vaccine
4. RPR Syphillis

This is different to what i was told by the panel physician in the UK. I have a letter from them saying all i need for K1 is:
1. MMR
2. Tetanus
3. Flu
4. I have varicella history so that was not needed

All of these I got before coming here.

My questions are:
1. Do the vaccination requirements change from entering on K1 and then adjusting the status to permanent ?
2. I am assuming the panel physician in UK already tested me for GC Test for Gonorrhea and Quantiferon Gold Test for TB but i don't have the reports so the civil surgeon here wants to test it here.
3. Did the sealed envelop that I handed to the DHS here not have the results of these tests ? How can i obtain the results to show the civil surgeon here instead of paying for all the tests they have recommended
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, what is a HSA?
Health Savings Account.

1. Do the vaccination requirements change from entering on K1 and then adjusting the status to permanent ?
No.

2. I am assuming the panel physician in UK already tested me for GC Test for Gonorrhea and Quantiferon Gold Test for TB but i don't have the reports so the civil surgeon here wants to test it here.
If you don't have proof, you may need to get tested again. But I would assume it would be on the panel physician's report, if it was needed and tested prior to K-1 interview.

3. Did the sealed envelop that I handed to the DHS here not have the results of these tests ?
It should have, yes. But the US civil surgeon doesn't see that.

How can i obtain the results to show the civil surgeon here instead of paying for all the tests they have recommended
Unfortunately, you can't.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Shop around. I found a Mexican doctor's office where I had to specifically ask for English forms. Got the job done at least.
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I will try to find some one to do the vaccination supplement alone.
"I am assuming the panel physician in UK already tested me for GC Test for Gonorrhea and Quantiferon Gold Test for TB but i don't have the reports so the civil surgeon here wants to test it here."
This test was a requirement for K1 so i am sure they (UK) must have done the test but I don't get the test results as they enclose that in the sealed envelop.

The assistant here told me to get a varicella vaccination but on my DS 3025 from UK it shows Varicellla history (i have had chickenpox). Do i still need this vaccination?
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 3:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It's not unusual to have to shop around for the right civil physician. Some will want to do the entire medical again while all you need is the vaccination supplement. NY fortunately has many assigned doctors. Keep shopping.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thankfully found one in another forum. For anyone looking to just get the vaccination supplement completed, here is civil surgeon i found to be very helpful (in NY). Whilst everyone wanted to charge me for a full medical, he charged $60 and signed everything that was needed.
https://www.greencardmedicalexam.com/

305 Broadway, Suite 444
(Between Duane St. and Thomas St.)
New York, NY 10007
(212) 766-4433

Old Nov 26th 2018, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Interview coming up in a few days. Any useful tips?
Old Nov 26th 2018, 9:16 pm
Concierge

Thankfully found one in another forum. For anyone looking to just get the vaccination supplement completed, here is civil surgeon i found to be very helpful (in NY). Whilst everyone wanted to charge me for a full medical, he charged $60 and signed everything that was needed.
https://www.greencardmedicalexam.com/

305 Broadway, Suite 444
(Between Duane St. and Thomas St.)
New York, NY 10007
(212) 766-4433

Actually quite close to here you will go for your adjustment of status interview when scheduled. Federal Plaza is just a block or two away and the Federal Court building is nearby which is one of the places where naturalization ceremonies take place.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

The form says i need to supply certified copy of marriage certificate. I am assuming I can get this certified at a bank?
Old Nov 27th 2018, 2:44 pm

The form says i need to supply certified copy of marriage certificate. I am assuming I can get this certified at a bank?
No. You need a photocopy of the "certified copy of marriage certificate". This is something that should have been given to you or sent to you by the recorders office where you got married. If you don't have one, another can be ordered from the recorders office, Google how to obtain this.

Edit....You are preparing for the AOS interview? A copy of the certified copy of marriage certificate should have already been submitted with the AOS package. You don't need to bring another copy. If anything, bring the original one you have in your possession.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 27th 2018 at 2:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.