Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Jul 6th 2018, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Because at present I do not have anything such as bills, car insurance documents that i am paying with my address on. All I have is joint bank account, health insurance cover... not sure if this would suffice for AOS!
Old Jul 6th 2018, 2:49 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
Because at present I do not have anything such as bills, car insurance documents that i am paying with my address on. All I have is joint bank account, health insurance cover... not sure if this would suffice for AOS!
Have your wife add your name to the utility bills, get a library card. Do you plan to get a driving license? That will show your address.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the suggestions, yes i intend to get a driver's license but unsure of how long it will take considering I only just got my SSN in the post
Old Jul 6th 2018, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll have some things by the time the interview comes around.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2018, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Still waiting for the interview to happen. When i checked online it says "case ready to be scheduled for interview" and this was in July. I haven't received a letter or anything in the mail. Is this normal?
Another question: Since i have my travel permit now (temp), i was thinking to travelling domestic to DFW to see family, but I am unsure if they will check/interview me when I travel there on a domestic flight from Newark?
Old Sep 15th 2018, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, you don't and never did need AP to travel domestically. I don't know why you thought you did. You can use your passport and/or your driver's license for boarding the plane. Your AP won't be asked for either when you get on the plane or off the plane.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for confirming. thats a relief to know
Old Sep 28th 2018, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting for the interview to happen. When i checked online it says "case ready to be scheduled for interview" and this was in July. I haven't received a letter or anything in the mail. Is this normal?
Old Sep 28th 2018, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timelines seem to be all over the place.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you could look at where your field office is at in terms of backlog.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 8:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

People don't seem to realize that all this means is that all the paperwork has been received and is in order. It doesn't mean that you can assume an interview is being scheduled for the near future. USCIS should post something like:

"Your paperwork is in order. When your local field office is ready to schedule your interview, they will send notification of the interview date."
Old Oct 24th 2018, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Finally received an interview date. On the notice it requests to bring along a completed I-693 and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelop (unless already supplied).
I had a medical examination for the visa in the UK and vaccination check, these reports were then taken by the Immigration officers when I landed in the US. Do I need to do this again? Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2018, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Things have changed with USCIS in regards to the medical and when it expires. At one time if the medical was within a year of the interview and you entered with a K-1, you only need the vaccination supplement. This was standard and could be gotten at any USCIS approved panel physician. Honestly, I don't see that this has changed with regards to the need for the supplement.

Now they are talking about in the near future (believe it is November) that the medical will be good for 2 years.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

just read this on I-693 instructions:
What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693

however I am not sure about points (a) or (b) as the envelop that was given to me was sealed and I handed it over to the immigration officer at the port of entry? Should i have received anything from the medical examination i took as part of the K1 process ?
Old Oct 24th 2018, 4:34 pm
Concierge

If they had found a medical problem that required a follow up when you got to the US, you would have been told by Knightsbridge. So a and b is not a problem. Honestly, I would go for the vaccination supplement. I know it costs money but personally I would prefer to have it especially as this is the flu season and you need to have had the flu shot. BenK adjusted from a K-1 recently, perhaps he will be around to let you know how it went for him or you can look it up on the search function.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.