Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance Interview experience in Pakistan

Wikiposts

Fiance Interview experience in Pakistan

Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:48 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance Interview experience in Pakistan

That is CRAZY. Who were they married to? The U.S. petitioner or somebody in Pakistan?!?!?

Leslie

Originally posted by farhan

Now here is a freaky thing though - My fiance told me on same day there were 3 other girls interviewing for k1 visa who were actually married (and admitted it to her before the interview). All 3 got approved the same day and point blank lied to US Consulate about it.

Ciao.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

farhan will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Leslie66
That is CRAZY. Who were they married to? The U.S. petitioner or somebody in Pakistan?!?!?

Leslie
U.S. petitioner
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Now here is a freaky thing though - My fiance told me on same day there were 3 other girls interviewing for k1 visa who were actually married (and admitted it to her before the interview). All 3 got approved the same day and point blank lied to US Consulate about it.

Ciao.
The devil in me wants to say that they are contributing to a future inventory of business for immigration lawyers.

I'm always amazed that when people "point blank lie" they tell other people about. Morality aside, it is a dumb move to tell other people -- thats how the government finds out about things.

As a related aside, there is an old published BIA case on the "entry" doctrine, where a woman had been admitted to the US at the bridge between Juarez, Chih. and El Paso, Texas. A man in line behind her then told the immigration official that they had just admitted the hooker that had been with a few nights before [not quite expressed that way in the written decision, but that is my understanding of the facts]. She was apprehended before she was able to reach the other end of the bridge.

Just to show you that adverse information comes from weird places.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

farhan will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
The devil in me wants to say that they are contributing to a future inventory of business for immigration lawyers.

I'm always amazed that when people "point blank lie" they tell other people about. Morality aside, it is a dumb move to tell other people -- thats how the government finds out about things.

As a related aside, there is an old published BIA case on the "entry" doctrine, where a woman had been admitted to the US at the bridge between Juarez, Chih. and El Paso, Texas. A man in line behind her then told the immigration official that they had just admitted the hooker that had been with a few nights before [not quite expressed that way in the written decision, but that is my understanding of the facts]. She was apprehended before she was able to reach the other end of the bridge.

Just to show you that adverse information comes from weird places.
I know i was amazed that they actually told my fiance about it.. Now here is a thing though, may be they were married on the phone? - In pakistan, marriages are valid if done over the phone.. So my guess is that they got engaged while fiance was visiting, got married on the phone and now she is coming to US to live happily ever after.

But it still is very dangerous telling that kind of lie to person you don't even know.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I know i was amazed that they actually told my fiance about it.. Now here is a thing though, may be they were married on the phone? - In pakistan, marriages are valid if done over the phone.. So my guess is that they got engaged while fiance was visiting, got married on the phone and now she is coming to US to live happily ever after.

But it still is very dangerous telling that kind of lie to person you don't even know.
Section 101(a)(35) of the Immigration & Nationality Act DOES allow for marriages where the couple is not in the physical presence of each other, but not until they have "consumated" the marriage. I once had a case, long fact pattern, where we had a DOUBLE proxy marriage where neither was present -- and despite having had a child afterwards, the consul asked for a declaration of consumation. The clients balked a little out of embarassment -- they finally consented to "Our child was concieved by us in an act of sexual intercourse after we were married."