Wikiposts

fiance was here

Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fiance was here

my fiance was here for a visit the last two weeks. we submitted our k1 petition to nebraska with a noa 1 of march 29. i was worried they would not let her in for her visit cuz i know sometimes they deny entry. so i was freakin out a little while i was waiting to see if they would let her in at the atlanta airport. she called and said the man was very nice and she would arrive here in cincinnati in a few hours. i was very happy needless to say. she arrived on july 10 and was scheduled to return on july 24.
on july 14, i arrived home from work and esther and i sat outside having a drink, i said well i'll check our status online just for kicks. and guess what happend next. i saw that we were approved on july 12. what a great week. our lawyer requested they expedite our case since they already had all of our info from less than a year ago. we got lucky and had an officer with a heart who pushed it through. if cutenurse reads this i have to say you were right. i remember you kept saying that maybe we'll get lucky and it will go fast. well we did get lucky.

my fiance said the officer in atlanta who let her in saw the old k1 in her passport and asked what it was and what happend. she then explained. he seemed understanding. he asked why she was only staying two weeks and she answered she had to go back to work. all in all he actually treated her with some dignity and he was really nice.

just thought i would share my story with everyone.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

incugirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fiance was here

Hey Brian,

Good going.... you did get lucky there! Me and my US fiance will be starting the K1 process shortly and we too have to go through Nebraska, as Tim is in Columbus, OH. Hope it's as quick for us as it was for you guys.

So is your fiancee back in the UK now?? When do you guys plan on getting married??

Congrats again!

Becca
Old Jul 25th 2004, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by incugirl
Hey Brian,

Good going.... you did get lucky there! Me and my US fiance will be starting the K1 process shortly and we too have to go through Nebraska, as Tim is in Columbus, OH. Hope it's as quick for us as it was for you guys.

So is your fiancee back in the UK now?? When do you guys plan on getting married??

Congrats again!

Becca

thanks becca.
she is not from the UK. she is from austria and yes she's back now. we hope to be married within about three weeks or so of her coming back with the visa. we will do a civil service wedding just to move on to the next step of the paperwork. so hopefully we'll be married either in october or november
Old Jul 25th 2004, 3:28 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by brianheart
thanks becca.
she is not from the UK. she is from austria and yes she's back now. we hope to be married within about three weeks or so of her coming back with the visa. we will do a civil service wedding just to move on to the next step of the paperwork. so hopefully we'll be married either in october or november
Brian- I think I remember you from the other board (US Visa Advocay). I am glad to hear you and your fiancee are back- hopefully this time her family will tug on her a little less than the last time.

Best of luck!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

WOOOOOOOOW Brian...CONGRATS....such a good news!!!!!!I m so happy for you both,good to hear from you guys and everything will go so fast now.All of us made it almost,as Monika has her interview in Vienna on july 29 th.Stay in touch and keep me updated!!!!!