Reload this Page >

Female London Medical Experiences

Wikiposts

Female London Medical Experiences

Old Jan 24th 2003, 2:55 am
Kim Spears

Default Female London Medical Experiences

Hi,

Just wondering what to expect at the medical in London for the K1 interview?
Any one want to share?

Old Jan 24th 2003, 3:08 am
Sara999

Default Re: Female London Medical Experiences

Personal experience - nothing gruesome. Had to strip to waist for chest
x-ray, got dressed, was examined by female doctor (more of an interview
really - she only checked heart/lung sounds and otherwise didn't touch me,
ran down a checklist of questions - ever had surgery? etc etc). I had my 2
teenage daughters with me (K2 applicants) and we were all seen in the same
room together, she asked the same questions of them, checked that they were
breathing and that was about all. I don't know if it's changed since end
2000. The part with the doctor took about 5 mins total for all 3 of us. We
didn't have any pre-existing conditions and weren't taking any
prescriptions, so maybe that accounted for why it was so quick, there wasn't
much to talk about.

"Kim Spears" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > Just wondering what to expect at the medical in London for the K1
interview?
    > Any one want to share?

Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:34 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default O/T : Sara999

Originally posted by Sara999
I had my 2 teenage daughters with me (K2 applicants) and we were all seen in the same room together, she asked the same questions of them, checked that they were breathing and that was about all.
Sara,

I will be moving to the US myself with a K1 - hopefully! and possibly one of my teenage daughters - or else they will follow. The eldest is staying here for a year to finish her schooling, but the youngest, age 13, is blowing hot and cold about going versus staying (here, with her father.) Obviously I would like her to come with me but she is anxious about various aspects of moving there, like what will the American school be like, will she make friends easily, etc. I was wondering if there was anything you or your daughters could say to reassure her? If you don't want to post on the NG, please could you email me? [email protected].

Thanks very much

Debbie
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:21 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kim Spears
Hi,

Just wondering what to expect at the medical in London for the K1 interview?
Any one want to share?

Hey, Kim!!

I had to strip to the waist and they give you a paper gown to wear while you have your x-ray, and I still had it on when I went in to see the female doc. She asked me a few q's about my general health, and then told me to lie on the couch thingy for a very quick breast exam, and felt my abdomen to check for liver inflammation. Apart from the paper gown, it's all very dignified!
Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 25th 2003, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Apart from the paper gown, it's all very dignified!
Reminds me that time I went to the US doctor after having sprained my knee while dancing (shoes stuck to the groud, while rest of the body was moving...). It was a male doctor. He gave me this pair of plaid paper shorts. He gave me an xxl pair as this was the only size left over. For reference, I am tall but skinny. So, I changed into this paper shorts whose waist was way way way too large: the elastic was not restraining them from falling so I was holding them with my hands and anyway, it was not concealing much (I swear you could have put at least 2 like me in one leg). And, I was feeling totally weird with this pair of shorts on. The doctor was not very well at ease either as the pair was obviously too big, and I was just thinking that this was crazy as I couldn't care less about the doctor in himself, I just wanted him to look at my knee as I was not able to walk...

Caroline