Reload this Page >

Feeling Overwhelmed and Confused

Wikiposts

Feeling Overwhelmed and Confused

Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:40 am
Scot by Proxy :P

leney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling Overwhelmed and Confused

I am an American Citizen. My husband is a British Citizen. He and I have known each other for nearly 3 years. We met when I was in the UK, we had a child together in October 2004, married in June 2005. We have 3 little boys total. We both had a son before we met.

His son's mother signed over her rights and abandoned him when he was 2 months old. Since we have been together she has changed her position and has fought to have visitation and to stop his immigration. We won our case in August to bring our son to the USA, and I have just now (since we couldn't until the case was resolved) started the visa petition proccess with I-130.

Now...I am so frustrated I see it takes 7+ months for them to proccess these. How do we go about being together sooner?

Our youngest son has chronic breathing problems and has been diagnosed with asthma, and due to this, I was let go from my position at work because of his ER visits, hospitalizations, and constant doctors appointments. To bare this burden alone has been heartwrenching and overwhelming. My husband has been depressed because he has missed most of his baby's life and hasn't been there for his illnesses.

We desperately want to be together. There is no option for us to move to the UK, I have a house, and car, and we don't want to give that away to start from scratch in the UK.

I am not able to enter the UK without a spousal visa and he was told the last time he came over on his passport he was not to enter without a spousal visa next time.

If you have any suggestions, or any ideas on how we can be together faster, please please help.

Thank you.

Last edited by leney; Sep 25th 2006 at 4:42 am.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling Overwhelmed and Confused

Originally Posted by leney
If you have any suggestions, or any ideas on how we can be together faster, please please help.

Thank you.
Hi leney,

Unfortunately, the process takes as long as it takes. It's the same for everyone. There is no way to speed up the process, or do something in the meantime to be together - except visits, which you aren't able to do.

Hang in there and just remember you're waiting separately all these months in order to be together forever. It's a fair trade-off.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:27 am

Also, when I put my stepson's name in the I-130 petition under list husband/wife and all of their children, does that then include him in the entire visa proccess, or do I need to apply seperately for him? (he is 4 years old)
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Leney - I don't have any answers or even suggestions to your case specifics. Just wanted to say I'm really sorry for all this touble you're going thru & hope it all works out for you - I'm sure it will. It just takes time. So many people on this board have successfully withstood lengthy separations from their loved ones in some way or another. Everyone is desperate to be with their loved ones.

Don't be frustrated. It's a waste of energy - save your strength. This probably isn't the first hurdle you've come across in this struggle and it might not be the last - try & believe that they're almost always surmountable though.

Wishing you best of luck.

(also - if you can, try & seek some legal counsel if you haven't already)

I am an American Citizen. My husband is a British Citizen. He and I have known each other for nearly 3 years. We met when I was in the UK, we had a child together in October 2004, married in June 2005. We have 3 little boys total. We both had a son before we met.

His son's mother signed over her rights and abandoned him when he was 2 months old. Since we have been together she has changed her position and has fought to have visitation and to stop his immigration. We won our case in August to bring our son to the USA, and I have just now (since we couldn't until the case was resolved) started the visa petition proccess with I-130.

Now...I am so frustrated I see it takes 7+ months for them to proccess these. How do we go about being together sooner?

Our youngest son has chronic breathing problems and has been diagnosed with asthma, and due to this, I was let go from my position at work because of his ER visits, hospitalizations, and constant doctors appointments. To bare this burden alone has been heartwrenching and overwhelming. My husband has been depressed because he has missed most of his baby's life and hasn't been there for his illnesses.

We desperately want to be together. There is no option for us to move to the UK, I have a house, and car, and we don't want to give that away to start from scratch in the UK.

I am not able to enter the UK without a spousal visa and he was told the last time he came over on his passport he was not to enter without a spousal visa next time.

Thank you.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:11 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Also, when I put my stepson's name in the I-130 petition under list husband/wife and all of their children, does that then include him in the entire visa proccess, or do I need to apply seperately for him? (he is 4 years old)
If you're not going to be filing the I-129F as well, (for the K3 visa) then the 4 y/o will need an I-130 also.

There is no option for us to move to the UK, I have a house, and car, and we don't want to give that away to start from scratch in the UK.
Does your husband not have a house and car in the UK? The UK spousal visa is so much faster and easier to get.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:35 pm

I will be filing the I-129 for the K3 visa asap.

No he does not. He gave up his house and moved back with his mother due to a lengthy court case. That is the reason we have not been able to file until now, is due to the biological mother, who abandoned our son and signed over her rights when he was 2 months old, decided to come back into his life when we started dating. She has been fighting for her rights reinstated and residential contact, and to block immigration since we were married. She lost her case on the 29th of August, and as soon as I returned home after the court case, I filed the I-130.

For the I-129F, is my stepson included in that or will I need to file seperately at that point as well?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
If you're not going to be filing the I-129F as well, (for the K3 visa) then the 4 y/o will need an I-130 also.

Does your husband not have a house and car in the UK? The UK spousal visa is so much faster and easier to get.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:48 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

For the I-129F, is my stepson included in that...
Yes. Upon a successful interview, (your husband's) his son will get the K4 visa. He will need his own passport.