Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Feeling Overwhelmed.....

Wikiposts

Feeling Overwhelmed.....

Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feeling Overwhelmed.....

Hi All

Here's a question for the USC's who have done the Packet 3 paperwork for their fiance(e)/spouse whose English wasn't quite fluent enough.

First of all, how many people have done that? Second of all, isn't it overwhelming? Or is it just me? LOL

I suddenly feel like I did when I first started doing the I-129F. Buried under paperwork, originals, photocopies, forms, and backup material. I know I need to tackle it slowly one page at a time, but overall it just seems like SO MUCH information! I'm normally a very organized person (just ask Patty Khadija! lol) and I started filling out a lot of the forms a long time ago. I have a binder with tabs ready to get labeled and filled.....

So....why am I feeling like I'm at the very bottom of Mt. Everest, with the peak obscured by clouds?? Help! Any support, pat on the back, a swift kick in the rear to get me started would be much appreciated! LOL

Thanks from the bottom of Mt. Everest :-)

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling Overwhelmed.....

He Rene!!!

I haven't finished my Packet 3 stuff either. LOL. I hate filling out forms, it is the most dry, uncreative, unexciting, experience in the world, IMHO. What will Sadegh be facing with the language barrier? Will there be a translator at the embassy? OOOOPPPPSS!!! I guess that would be YOU.

I can't really offer you any help, just commiserate with you. I HATE PAPERWORK!!! LOL

Leslie

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All

Here's a question for the USC's who have done the Packet 3 paperwork for their fiance(e)/spouse whose English wasn't quite fluent enough.

First of all, how many people have done that? Second of all, isn't it overwhelming? Or is it just me? LOL

I suddenly feel like I did when I first started doing the I-129F. Buried under paperwork, originals, photocopies, forms, and backup material. I know I need to tackle it slowly one page at a time, but overall it just seems like SO MUCH information! I'm normally a very organized person (just ask Patty Khadija! lol) and I started filling out a lot of the forms a long time ago. I have a binder with tabs ready to get labeled and filled.....

So....why am I feeling like I'm at the very bottom of Mt. Everest, with the peak obscured by clouds?? Help! Any support, pat on the back, a swift kick in the rear to get me started would be much appreciated! LOL

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

a binder with tabs ready to get labeled and filled.....

Rene
Oooh, Rene, I can remember it even now..... The only thing I can tell you is that the satisfaction of having that tidy binder, with all its colorful tabs and crisp sheets encased in glowing plastic covers will give you the warm glow of accomplishment! Never mind that the Greek staffer at our Consulate asked me to *remove* all my annotations and stickies...when I walked in that office I *knew* my ducks were in a row (translate *that*!<g>).

And of course, walking out with it all in our very own MBE with a shiny visa on top made it *all* worth the effort. Hang in, gal, you're nearly there

PS: my spouse speaks English, not American, and let me tell you, I needed a translator!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:03 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Rene
Hey there Rene!!
Take a deep breath and relax . I dont know much about the packet 3 yet but though I would butt in to bump up your post
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
He Rene!!!

I haven't finished my Packet 3 stuff either. LOL. I hate filling out forms, it is the most dry, uncreative, unexciting, experience in the world, IMHO. What will Sadegh be facing with the language barrier? Will there be a translator at the embassy? OOOOPPPPSS!!! I guess that would be YOU.

I can't really offer you any help, just commiserate with you. I HATE PAPERWORK!!! LOL

Leslie
Hi Leslie!! Thanks for sharing my woes :-) Sadegh's interview can be held in English, Turkish, or Farsi, or a combination of all three, our choice. So no language barriers, thank God.

I'm just getting lost in what parts HE needs to do, what parts I need to do, what parts are originals and backup of OLD information from the I-129F (and that's a LOT)!

Oh, another question....I know I'm supposed to supply originals of the I-129F stuff - I guess that means original phone bills that I submitted a copy of, right? Now, should I also include originals and copies of the phone bills from March to present??

The sad thing is they probably won't even look at most of this, but better to have it than not!!

Thanks for your shoulders, guys :-)

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:27 am

Originally posted by meauxna
Oooh, Rene, I can remember it even now..... The only thing I can tell you is that the satisfaction of having that tidy binder, with all its colorful tabs and crisp sheets encased in glowing plastic covers will give you the warm glow of accomplishment! Never mind that the Greek staffer at our Consulate asked me to *remove* all my annotations and stickies...when I walked in that office I *knew* my ducks were in a row (translate *that*!<g>).

And of course, walking out with it all in our very own MBE with a shiny visa on top made it *all* worth the effort. Hang in, gal, you're nearly there

PS: my spouse speaks English, not American, and let me tell you, I needed a translator!
Ohhh, thank you meauxna! I know it will all be just fine....I'm just feeling panicky and muddled today. LOL Thanks for your encouraging words!

And thanks Hypertweeky, too! You're always cheerful and inspiring! :-)

You all are the best! :-)
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hyper, You're a nut!!

Leslie

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Rene!!
Take a deep breath and relax . I dont know much about the packet 3 yet but though I would butt in to bump up your post
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Rene
I plan on helping my spouse as I am fortunate enough to do so. I will also have the I-129 and I-130 copies with me and compare the line so as to be consistent. I THINK immigrations like consistency and suspect many applications are slowed down by inconsistencies and in fact feel that this is part of the method to their madness. Did you tell the truth? Hmmm lets see what you wrote six months ago....makes sense to me.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:44 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

*giggles*

Everything will be alright Rene! I don't remember them looking at any of my I-129F forms, but like you said it's better to have them just in case. I'm sure everything will go just smooth and fine if you have all the paperwork they requested with packet 3. I know it can get confusing with the mountains of papers you have to organize, but you have managed until now so I have faith in you!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:01 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Grrrrrr, us poor English are the ones that suffer .

Rene,
Chin up girl. You're almost at the end now so think; next time any paperwork needs doing, you and hubby-to-be will be together, so you can remind him of these moments, and make him do it all.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:29 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I suddenly feel like I did when I first started doing the I-129F. Buried under paperwork, originals, photocopies, forms, and backup material. I know I need to tackle it slowly one page at a time, but overall it just seems like SO MUCH information
Hi Rene,
I know how you feel, and I think you are right… take it one step at a time and pretty soon you will have worked your way through it.

Actually, the consular forms are not “that� tough, however I do recall filling out an OF-230 Part 1 form for one of my Canadian K-1 beneficiaries. On that form, it asks one to list the dates of all previous visits to, or residence in the United States (It doesn’t say, within a certain amount of time, but “all� previous visits or residence in the U.S.).

This particular beneficiary must have visited the U.S. 75 to 100 times in her life, and it was a rather daunting job to put all that information together for that form.

As a related issue, LPR’s should try to keep track of all of their departures from the U.S., as it might come in handy later on (to have listed them on a sheet of paper or in a booklet or file of some kind as each trip is made) if the LPR eventually applies for U.S. Citizenship (such application might be made “many, many years� after becoming an LPR). On the N-400 form, the applicant must list all trips of 24 hours or more that have been taken outside the United States since becoming a lawful permanent resident.

The form asks for the date of departure from the U.S., the date of returning to the U.S. (plus you check a box indicating whether or not the trip lasted 6 months or more), the countries that were visited, and the total days outside the U.S. for each trip.

“Plus�, one must indicate how many total days that one spent outside the U.S. during the past 5 years, plus how many trips of 24 hours or more that one has taken outside the U.S. during the past 5 years.

Maybe its just me, but if an LPR travels abroad even a few times, I think it might be worthwhile creating a sheet or file where this data can be entered as each trip is taken. Might make the N-400 applicant feel less “overwhelmed� when the time comes to list that data on the N-400.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 29th 2003 at 6:32 am.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:51 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default me too, just a tad

when I got home and my packet 3 was waiting I told my sister I'd better eat first..

I read it all over about 3 times before I took the lid of my pen off..

did the first little bit, and sent that back...

now I will fill out the rest of the forms..

I guess it looks like a lot all together, but as people have said, one at a time its not so bad..
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi Rene

Just remember - you are not alone !!

I am sitting here surrounded by my AOS paperwork! My application is ready to send off, I am just waiting for my beloved husband to bring home the covering letters he has printed off for me, and it will be mailed tomorrow

How many times can you check things?! I lose count!! Even though I think I've followed the instructions to the word, I can't help but worry that I've missed something and the whole package will be returned!

I too have everything organised into a nice, neat file - but sometimes I think that makes things worse as there is even more to check, organise and file!

I am sure you are doing great - your help and support to others here has been invaluable, so we are here to support you now

Go for it (slowly!!!!)
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CharlieS

Ha!! Mine's Scottish!! Even worse! ;-)

Jmaie
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Originally posted by CharlieS

Ha!! Mine's Scottish!! Even worse! ;-)

Jmaie
That's an unusual name???!!! (Jamie??!!)

Ain't life great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.