Fearless!

Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:51 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fearless!

Hi,
Guess I'm "this forum's Newest Member!"
I've been reading for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to say that I've learned some very useful things---not quite ready to start on the K-1 yet, but will be in a matter of months, and am preparing nicely given your insight and experiences. I'm sure my fiancee and I will have quite a few questions to ask as we walk down the K-1 path!

Nice to know there are knowlegable, experienced, and *kind* people around to offer help.

Oh, and to Don H. and Peachster---I've been watching your comments closely and am rooting for you both----hope your waiting comes to an end soon. I'll have to go through Nebraska eventually too. It *will* get better.

Thanks again, all of you,
SecretGarden
Old Sep 17th 2002, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fearless!

Hello, I thought I was the newest member here!

It looks like I'm in much the same situation as you are. My girlfriend is busy researching everything needed for a K1 application, although we can't move on that 'til my divorce comes through. I suppose most of the people here are getting used to waiting for the chance to do something practical to speed things up.

Good luck with your K1
Old Sep 18th 2002, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Fearless!

Hi
I just want to say good luck to the borth of you,, yes it is a long drawn out process, but there are some great people on this site and when you are sitting and waiting it so good to know that you aint alone, and also that you can come here with any problems and someone will try asnd help and support you... My 1st NOA was 24th May at Nebraska and I hope that I will be hearing soon..
Good Lucj to you all..
Marie

Originally posted by mrpink:
Hello, I thought I was the newest member here!

It looks like I'm in much the same situation as you are. My girlfriend is busy researching everything needed for a K1 application, although we can't move on that 'til my divorce comes through. I suppose most of the people here are getting used to waiting for the chance to do something practical to speed things up.

Good luck with your K1
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future

For what it's worth, we were about to go K1 earlier this year until we found out we could do a direct consular filing with the embassy in her home country. We got married and file with the consulate and 33 days later she had her visa. For the countries that do it, it is the best way to go. I see one of the posters on this thread is from Spain. That is a country that will do it in this way. If interested check out this link:
http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:53 am
Just Joined

JGrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome and good wishes to all of you for your process and life together. We mailed our petition from Italy to the NSC on July 6, received our first NOA dated July 22. It's been very encouraging to see approvals coming from NSC again recently!
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:31 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JGrace:
Welcome and good wishes to all of you for your process and life together. We mailed our petition from Italy to the NSC on July 6, received our first NOA dated July 22. It's been very encouraging to see approvals coming from NSC again recently!
Hi again,
Thanks to all of you for your responses, and yes, that is very very good news about NSC! I haven't filed anything yet but am in the process of collecting all documentation, and am *already* worried about the length of time it seems to take to get any action from NSC, the possibility after all that of getting an RFI! (BTW, I've seen it referred to as RFI and RFE--what is the difference? It's a Request for additional Info, right?)

Thanks for the kind words about starting our process---the encouragement is certainly appreciated.

And to those of you who are already immersed in all this, our thoughts are with you! We all need to stick together!

SecretGarden