Reload this Page >

Father of unborn US child

Wikiposts

Father of unborn US child

Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:25 am
Just Joined

mick28uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Father of unborn US child

I was wondering if someone could advise me. I’m from the UK and recently married to a US Citizen. I’m currently being processed by the INS for an adjustment of status. 6 weeks ago my wife told me that she was 2 weeks pregnant, and 2 weeks after that she lost her job. Seeing as I can’t work so we had no income, we end up having a big argument which she left after. She came back 3 weeks later to pick her stuff up and move in with someone else. I wish to remain here as I want to see my child grow, and help financially. She has already told me that she will allow me to visit once its born every 2 weeks, maybe every week. What should I do now? Should I tell the INS our situation and get a marriage annulment or divorce?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Father of unborn US child

Originally posted by mick28uk
I was wondering if someone could advise me. I’m from the UK and recently married to a US Citizen. I’m currently being processed by the INS for an adjustment of status. 6 weeks ago my wife told me that she was 2 weeks pregnant, and 2 weeks after that she lost her job. Seeing as I can’t work so we had no income, we end up having a big argument which she left after. She came back 3 weeks later to pick her stuff up and move in with someone else. I wish to remain here as I want to see my child grow, and help financially. She has already told me that she will allow me to visit once its born every 2 weeks, maybe every week. What should I do now? Should I tell the INS our situation and get a marriage annulment or divorce?
I presume you are already in the USA

1) Of course you should tell the INS, if you don't they'll find out anyhow.
Deportation proceedings will probably begin when only you turn up for the AOS interview.

2) You child will be able to sponsor you once they reach 21 years of age.

Cross referencing your post in the Canadian forum,
What is her status in the USA?

3) You've just been dumped by one woman and you're about to get married again?

4) If you get removed from the USA back to the UK, I believe the UK / Canada have reciprocity with regards Child Support / CSA so you can sleep soundly knowing that your gonna be paying for the next 21 years.

5) If you do leave USA to go and get married in Canada, I presume you don't have AP and be able to re-enter the USA.

and no offense mick, but it does appear to be in a right mess here.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Acutally the one in Canada is not for me it for someone else, they just used my login.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Acutally the one in Canada is not for me it for someone else, they just used my login.

I do have one more question. She will be giving up work in 6months, if we managed to stay together does she still have to prove that she can support me finacially?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I do have one more question. She will be giving up work in 6months, if we managed to stay together does she still have to prove that she can support me finacially?
You soon to be ex wife filed for your sponsorship correct?

The gov't will say yes.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it... how can she know she's pregnant if she's only 2 weeks? And how can she give up work in 6 months if she's just lost her job 4 weeks ago?