Wikiposts

Faster than the K-3?

Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:00 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faster than the K-3?

I am currently going through the traditional I-130/I-129F approach to bringing my spouse to the States.

However, yesterday I was talking with a couple of my co-workers who told me that after marrying my wife abroad, I should have brought her to the States on a tourist/visit visa and then should have applied for the I-130 / AOS.

It made no sense to me, but it that a legal and bona fide way that is faster than the K-3? The only faster way that I could think of is if Pakistan had DCF, which unfortunately it does not.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faster than the K-3?

Nope, it doesn't make sense, and it's not legal. You are right about the DCF, too.

Now I'm wondering why your coworkers are thinking they're experts. Which clearly they're not.

Hope your wait will be over soon!

Elaine
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by superdesi
I am currently going through the traditional I-130/I-129F approach to bringing my spouse to the States.

So do I

However, yesterday I was talking with a couple of my co-workers who told me that after marrying my wife abroad, I should have brought her to the States on a tourist/visit visa and then should have applied for the I-130 / AOS.

Lol No!!, That doesnt make any sense, If that was true.. what would be the purpose of the k3??

It made no sense to me, but it that a legal and bona fide way that is faster than the K-3? The only faster way that I could think of is if Pakistan had DCF, which unfortunately it does not.

It is not legal!!, We received our NOA1 about the same time.. so lets pray for a speedy process!!!

Ps: I cant ever catch you online (Yahoo messenger)!!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by superdesi
Actually, you CAN do a DCF in Pakistan, but only if you have been in the country for 6 consecutive months. I looked into EVERYTHING when I was there last year for my wedding.

Ayisha
Old Oct 28th 2003, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

First of all, I want to LOL to the reference to the K-3 as the "traditional" way of doing it -- the category was created by Congress less than three years ago! Its still pretty new as these things go.

Second, the confusion arises from the fact that there is a difference between "pre-concieved intent" and "misrepresentation." However, the difference is factually narrow and you run a huge risk of stepping over the line.

And the consequences of stepping over the line can be huge. However, even PCI is not legal.

You are expriencing delay for sure, but you are being safe.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ayisha
Actually, you CAN do a DCF in Pakistan, but only if you have been in the country for 6 consecutive months. I looked into EVERYTHING when I was there last year for my wedding.

Ayisha
Hi:

The regulations allow for DCF when the US citizen petitioner actually resides in the consular district. However, what has commonly been referred to as "DCF" is for those few consulates which allowed mere physical presence rather than actual residence to invoke their DCF jurisdiction. This was a stretch of the regulations.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point

U know,my friend from US got married in Spain and that was last September. He still with his wife after came back home in US, with visit visa or tourist visa i think while waiting for the approval of her k3visa. His wife will return in Spain for her k3visa interview.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Second, the confusion arises from the fact that there is a difference between "pre-concieved intent" and "misrepresentation." However, the difference is factually narrow and you run a huge risk of stepping over the line.

And the consequences of stepping over the line can be huge. However, even PCI is not legal.

You are expriencing delay for sure, but you are being safe.
I suppose someone should tell this to the aide to a certain Representative my wife called last night to talk about our application. My wife was told "you probably should have brought him to the US on a tourist visa, and then filed an i130 and then adjustment of status - it would have been quicker".

humm.