Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Faster than I ever imagined - Removal of Conditions in 4 months

Faster than I ever imagined - Removal of Conditions in 4 months

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faster than I ever imagined - Removal of Conditions in 4 months

So, I filed Greg's Petition for Removal of Conditions in May and we just got mail yesterday stating we were approved! And this is from Nebraska Service Center- Oh my god! I am so happy, but really sad for those that filed earlier and still have not heard. There is no method to their madness! Anyway, we now have to make an apoointment to get a new alien receipt card. Don't have to do anything for another 10 years - whoo-hoo!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faster than I ever imagined - Removal of Conditions in 4 months

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by beyness
So, I filed Greg's Petition for Removal of Conditions in May and we just got mail yesterday stating we were approved! And this is from Nebraska Service Center- Oh my god! I am so happy, but really sad for those that filed earlier and still have not heard. There is no method to their madness! Anyway, we now have to make an apoointment to get a new alien receipt card. Don't have to do anything for another 10 years - whoo-hoo!
Oh wow, congratulations!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Ms Upchurch has certainly done *something* in Nebraska-- we got our approval 'early' too!
Congrats to you both and enjoy your victory over Immigration!
mo
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:11 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Congrats! But surely you mean that you don't have to do anything for another 3 yrs only, that is if Greg wants to apply for naturalization and US citizenship

~Sean~
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seanus
Congrats! But surely you mean that you don't have to do anything for another 3 yrs only, that is if Greg wants to apply for naturalization and US citizenship

~Sean~
It wouldn't be another 3 years, anyway. Married to US citizen, 3 yrs eligibility begins with receipt of PR, doesn't it?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:32 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bionomique
It wouldn't be another 3 years, anyway. Married to US citizen, 3 yrs eligibility begins with receipt of PR, doesn't it?
Aaaah that would be correct. I overlooked that the 'conditions have now been removed' which means they are surely much closer to the 3 yr mark for naturalization (eligibility) than I thought. WTG bionomique, you more awake than I am on this Friday afternoon
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seanus

~Sean~
My stubborn Brit says he would never give up his British citizenship and to be honest, I don't blame him! He can live and work a lot more places being British - all of Europe without hassle, New Zealand, Australia, even Canada lets the Brits work there! More islands, etc. And I'll just tag along and enjoy the ride. In fact, in the future, I wouldn't mind getting British residency myself -then I live all over Europe. Dealing with British - immigration, a whole new long, fun, terrorizing process...
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My stubborn Brit says he would never give up his British citizenship and to be honest, I don't blame him! He can live and work a lot more places being British - all of Europe without hassle, New Zealand, Australia, even Canada lets the Brits work there! More islands, etc. And I'll just tag along and enjoy the ride. In fact, in the future, I wouldn't mind getting British residency myself -then I live all over Europe. Dealing with British - immigration, a whole new long, fun, terrorizing process...
Brits can't have dual citizenship?

Rene
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hey bey,
please review the final link in the FAQ post at the top of page one on the forum.
Rich Wales has great info to explain how your alien can have dual UK/US citz.
My DAH is applying now It's our final step to freedom; once done, we can live wherever *we* like!

If your alien stays a PR, he can not be away from the US for extended time without risking that precious Green Card.

PDX (or POO in immigration speak) is pretty fast.. about 6 months I believe!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

There were some earlier this year that went through in 30 days.

Congratulations to you.

To others perusing this NG, do note that "your mileage may vary." In fact, there is no predicting how long an I-751 takes.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

There were some earlier this year that went through in 30 days.

Congratulations to you.

To others perusing this NG, do note that "your mileage may vary." In fact, there is no predicting how long an I-751 takes.
Mr.Folinskyinla,

what do you think about CA service center timelines, have you heard how fast are they doing on I-751?
thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

1. Becoming a US citizen does not cause loss of British citizenship. There are tax issues (both pros and cons) that you need to be aware of however.

2. British citizens *cannot* live freely in Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

3. If you get UK residency it won't help you at all in any other European country. Your husband would need to sponsor you for a visa for that country instead. Only if you become a naturalised British citizen would you have the right to live elsewhere in Europe in your own right.

People married to British citizens can become naturalised British after 3 years living in the UK. Again, US citizens do not lose US citizenship by obtaining British citizenship.

Jeremy

Jeremy
Old Sep 24th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My stubborn Brit says he would never give up his British citizenship and to be honest, I don't blame him!
I did not give up my UK citizenship when I became a Canadian citizen, and I did not give up my Canadian citizenship when I became a US citizen. There are a great many US/UK citizens in this forum... indeed, there are quite a few in this forum who, like me, are citizens of 3 countries.

Ian
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Congratulations on the removal of conditions! I have to submit my applocation for ROC in January of next year and have just started thinking about it. I have a cpl of Qs that maybe some of you know the answers to:
1. I guess how long it takes really varies - does anyone have experience through Baltimore?
2. Are you able to travel during the time that your GC is essentially expired but before they officially remove your condional status?
3. Has anyone filed a combo ROC status AND application for Naturalization at the same time? this was something mentioned to us by our interviewer for AOS but I can't remember exactly what he said. I can apply for citizenship after 3 yrs from my AOS right? (I married a US citizen).

Thanks for any input!

curly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.