Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

FAST DCF processing in Kuala Lumpur!

Wikiposts

FAST DCF processing in Kuala Lumpur!

Old Jan 16th 2002, 1:57 pm
Mike

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick review of the DCF process in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in
case anyone needs some information. Here are the milestones that are of interest:

Dec 28, 2001 Initial filing of I-130, G-325A's (mine and my alien wife's), copy of
marriage certificate, our passports, her birth certificate and filing fees Dec 31,
2001 Medical examination Jan 7, 2002 Medical examination results picked up Jan 8,
2002 Final interview for immigrant visa, APPROVED! Jan 14, 2002 Entered the US via
Los Angeles POE, PR stamp applied to passport (actual green card will arrive in 6-9
months, yikes!)

The total processing time from initial filing to receiving the actual visa was 12
calendar days. Considering that we filed during the holiday season and the embassy
warned us ahead of time that they would have minimal staff during the New Year
holiday, I think that 12 days was pretty fast! Part of the reason it went to quickly
is that I asked to open a provisional file for my wife a few months prior to the time
that we actually filed. They had her fill out the OF-230 Part I form so that the
embassy could do the FBI namecheck. Since the namecheck typically takes around 5
business days, we shaved that time off our processing time by completing it early.
I'm not sure if all DCF embassies will allow this arrangement, but it's worth looking
into if you are pressed for time.

All in all, the process was pretty painless. The "final interview" wasn't even an
interview at all. I was present with my wife, and all we did was sit around and pay
some fees every now and then.

That's all for this update. If anyone wants more information on the DCF process
specifically for Malaysia, let me know. The staff there were very helpful and
professional, which made the whole process less stressful than what I had imagined it
to be. Anyway, hope this info helps a bit!

Old Jan 16th 2002, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

I doubt it will take 6 to 9 months, for me I entered December 14th, got my greencard in the mail on January 14th, and a welcome notice from the INS the day after. Consular filing seems to produce eventual greencards faster than adjusting status. I got the GC and welcome notice all from the Texas service center.

Goto http://www.cptracker.com and sort the list by GC rec'd and take a look at some of the dates, people are getting them in as little as two weeks!

PriZm.