Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

fao current & ex brit K1s - timeline query

fao current & ex brit K1s - timeline query

Old Feb 6th 2001, 12:35 pm
misskate

hi all,

my fiance and i have just begun the whole process - he lives in seattle and yesterday we
received our first noa from the nebraska sc.

i appreciate that our experiences will be wildly different depending on which regional
service centre you applied through and when, but i would appreciate it if you could give
me a very rough idea (or more detailed if you wish!) of how long the process took, or
indeed is taking. i'm most concerned with how long it is likely to be before i hear
anything from the us embassy in london, as i hope to have all necessary paperwork
compiled, and that therefore the time waiting for a call to interview after this should be
the minimum.

she types in hope!

thanks for your time,

katy (uk) & aaron (wa)

Old Feb 6th 2001, 5:43 pm
Paul

We went via Vermont, and I got the blurb from the US embassy about 12 days later....

Paul

> hi all,
>
> my fiance and i have just begun the whole process - he lives in seattle and yesterday we
> received our first noa from the nebraska sc.
>
> i appreciate that our experiences will be wildly different depending on which regional
> service centre you applied through and when, but i would appreciate it if you could give
> me a very rough idea (or more detailed if you wish!) of how long the process took, or
> indeed is taking. i'm most concerned with how long it is likely to be before i hear
> anything from the us embassy in london, as i hope to have all necessary paperwork
> compiled, and that therefore the time waiting for a call to interview after this should
> be the minimum.
>
> she types in hope!
>
> thanks for your time,
>
> katy (uk) & aaron (wa)

Old Feb 7th 2001, 7:12 am
Marciowaz

Katy,

I have procrastinated way too much, and am only getting my Police Certificate together
now. I can take up to 40 days to reach you (depending on how busy New Scotland Yard Is).

So, get down to your local police station NOW to get the relevant forms.

-Remember... you need a Police Check Certificate from every country you have lived in for
more than 6 months, since you were 16 years old.

Best Wishes,

Marc, Isle of Wight.

Old Feb 7th 2001, 7:23 pm
sine nomine

Marciowaz wrote:

: -Remember... you need a Police Check Certificate from every country you have lived in
: for more than 6 months, since you were 16 years old.

i got corrected for this one, too. but the rule is:

Police certificates are required from every visa applicant aged 16 years or over for each
locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence where the
applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police
certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided
for at least one year.

(http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html)

--
sine | deb that url has a list of countries you on't have to get a cert from