The famous 221g

Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The famous 221g

Originally Posted by SofiaC
Yes, I am UK citizen, no middle eastern background...
In that case, the most likely scenario is that during a check someone with the same name as you popped up. Now they must manually verify that you are who you say you are... it's a very time consuming process that takes place over multiple agencies. They can't move forward with the process until all checks have been manually verified from each agency.

Ian
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps identity confusion, perhaps identity 'theft' of some sort, perhaps a clerical error, perhaps any number of other things.
Originally Posted by Bally2108
I am a british citizen, born and lived in england all my life. I have been to the US many times but have never had any problems so why now.
There is no "supposed to be time". Any application is required to take as long as is necessary to determine that the applicant meets the requirements of the application and is admissible. In most cases a determination can be made quickly, in some cases it can take months or even years. It can be very frustrating for the applicant, but American security is the higher priority.
Once filed it was supposed to be 2 weeks, It took 3 months.
Regards, JEff
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:08 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think this?

Regards, JEff

I thought no embassy can keep a passport for longer than a certain time. Its like four weeks or something.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Bally2108 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read it somewhere on the net
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the Statefarm commercial. You can not post anything on the net if it is not true. Where did you hear that? On the net
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:47 pm

Uh, bonjour.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
Reminds me of the Statefarm commercial. You can not post anything on the net if it is not true. Where did you hear that? On the net
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:59 pm

The internet also tells you that hundreds of hot women are waiting to meet you. (Dave Barry) (Not the exact quote, but close enough. I once used it as my tag line here at BE)

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

SofiaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks JEff, for pointing out it could be a number of things. Razor sharp analysis. You know that we know, yes it can take weeks months if not years and that "American security is the priority". Got it!

It doesn't explain what my app was doing for 4 months before beginning that process, as one example.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JEff, for pointing out it could be a number of things. Razor sharp analysis. You know that we know, yes it can take weeks months if not years and that "American security is the priority". Got it!

It doesn't explain what my app was doing for 4 months before beginning that process, as one example.
And you most likely will never receive an explanation. Its just a simple waiting game of which you have no control.

Dont like it? Dont play in their sandbox. If you can accept it, then carry on playing but its always by their rules.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Respectfully, do you think yours was the only application being processed? For 4 months it was sitting on someone's desk waiting to come to the top of the pile. Once it did, processing began.

I've been waiting 5 months! Living hell...
Being in Darfur would be a living hell. What you're experiencing may be frustrating and inconvenient, but this is not a life/death situation. Let's keep things in perspective.

Ian
Old Dec 13th 2012, 2:51 am
Just Joined

Ian... the pedant police. Seriously, what about less judgment of others circumstances based on you reading one short sentence on something you think you know about but you don't... or better still stop trolling message boards and being nothing but a miser!

We folk come here for advice and/or comfort in the knowledge others are going through the same thing. We don't come here for another devils advocate. We can get that in real life. Thanks!

Last edited by SofiaC; Dec 13th 2012 at 2:54 am.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Bally2108 is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got a response from the embassy just before Xmas to submit my passports...it took a little longer coz of the holidays but we got our passports back yesterday and fly out on Friday. At last! Guys don't give up x
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:20 am
Just Joined

I finally got a response from the embassy just before Xmas to submit my passports...it took a little longer coz of the holidays but we got our passports back yesterday and fly out on Friday. At last! Guys don't give up x
Oct 24, that's great news!! All the very best with the big move Bally.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

COSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really nice

Great news, well done Bally.

For others, why would a name generate a "hit"?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COSPhil
Great news, well done Bally.

For others, why would a name generate a "hit"?
Because it would match (or be similar to) some bad guy's name on a watch list. Or for some other reason unknown to us laymen.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.