British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Faint glimmer of hope... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/faint-glimmer-hope-196104/)

Khadija Dec 10th 2003 4:37 pm

Faint glimmer of hope...

Well, I heard from the Consulate this morning in response to my question on whether we could/should send our evidence to them when we sent the tax transcripts (I've faxed them but we're sending via TNT, too). Here is their reply:

Dear Ms. Ghanam,

Please note that any documents you can mail to prove your relationship will help the Consular Officer adjudicate the case and make a final decision, so you can mail any of the documents listed below of all as well the photos of you together during the past couple of years.

Our fax number is 797 2472

Regards,
Consular Staff

While this doesn't mean there won't be a second interview, it's a tiny step in the right direction. In addition to the phone bills, joint bank records, cards/letters, insurance information, stamps in my passport, photos, and pay stubs, my husband is also going to send the videos from his sister's engagement party in '01 and her wedding in '03 as we're in both and these are big family celebrations. Finally, I've sent a letter detailing how we've always managed to communicate and I have letters from colleagues who met Abdo during my business trips who are willing to state that Abdo, while not fluent, is certainly able to get his point across in English.

INSHAALLAH this will do the trick! I will continue to follow up with the Consulate via email. I'm actually going to ask them today if they keep a log of emails. I've been emailing them questions since before we were married. If they don't, I could send copies of these emails as I've saved every reply they sent.

Well, just thought I'd update the group.

Patty Khadijah

CaliforniaBride Dec 10th 2003 4:47 pm

Re: Faint glimmer of hope...

Thanks for sharing. And good luck with the next steps in the process.

Merry Xmas

CB

Caro Dec 10th 2003 5:22 pm

Good luck Patty! Hopefully, the wait won't be too long now.

Caroline

sibsie Dec 10th 2003 5:29 pm

Great stuff. I'll be thinking of you both. :)

Karen D Dec 10th 2003 5:58 pm

Originally posted by Khadija
Please note that any documents you can mail to prove your relationship will help the Consular Officer adjudicate the case and make a final decision, so you can mail any of the documents listed below of all as well the photos of you together during the past couple of years.
Thanks for the update Patty. Make them regret they ever said OK to you sending stuff to prove your relationship!

Very best of luck :)

jcapulet Dec 10th 2003 5:59 pm

Patty,

Every new step brings you closer to the day you'll be together :) Thanks for the update, and good luck with everything to come :D

Juliet

HunterGreen Dec 10th 2003 6:03 pm

Even an inch in the right direction is progress! Yay Patty! I hope your case will be leaping miles before long.

Elaine :)

Hebapotamus42 Dec 10th 2003 6:58 pm

Great, Patty!! This does sound like a step in the right direction. Let us know when you send off the stuff to the consulate.

goldrush Dec 10th 2003 7:05 pm

Good luck, Patty. I wish you all the best ... hope this finally does the trick and he gets the visa.

Leslie Dec 10th 2003 7:07 pm

[i]
Dear Ms. Ghanam,

Regards,
Consular Staff

Patty Khadijah
Good luck Patty! I do think the tone of their response does offer a little bit of encouragement. It still sounds like they are holding you to way too high a standard for God's sake. How does anybody get through that embassy? Look at all of the stuff you've already given them to "prove your relationship". What else can you send? Maybe you should cut your heart out and FedEx it to them.;)

Leslie

Khadija Dec 10th 2003 7:58 pm

Apparently, as almost happened to your husband, these COs won't look at ANYTHING until they have every i dotted and t crossed. Because she didn't like my tax forms, she wouldn't even look at all the evidence Abdo brought with him. So, technically, we haven't given them anything yet.

My email to them was an attempt to get them to agree to us sending in all our stuff vs. bringing it with to a potential second interview. I agree, the tone of the email was much more pleasant than I anticipated. What we'll be sending in is what Abdo brought with him last week plus two videos he didn't have but we since thought of. My hope is when the CO finally does dane to look at all our stuff she can't help but realize this is not a case of marriage fraud but a bona fide union.

Little steps for little feet....;)

Patty

Originally posted by Leslie66
Good luck Patty! I do think the tone of their response does offer a little bit of encouragement. It still sounds like they are holding you to way too high a standard for God's sake. How does anybody get through that embassy? Look at all of the stuff you've already given them to "prove your relationship". What else can you send? Maybe you should cut your heart out and FedEx it to them.;)

Leslie

Leslie Dec 10th 2003 8:01 pm

Because she didn't like my tax forms, she wouldn't even look at all the evidence Abdo brought with him. So, technically, we haven't given them anything yet.

Patty
Aaaahhhhhh! I see.

Leslie

Hypertweeky Dec 10th 2003 8:03 pm

Well, I heard from the Consulate this morning in response to my question on whether we could/should send our evidence to them when we sent the tax transcripts (I've faxed them but we're sending via TNT, too). Here is their reply:

Dear Ms. Ghanam,

Regards,
Consular Staff

While this doesn't mean there won't be a second interview, it's a tiny step in the right direction. In addition to the phone bills, joint bank records, cards/letters, insurance information, stamps in my passport, photos, and pay stubs, my husband is also going to send the videos from his sister's engagement party in '01 and her wedding in '03 as we're in both and these are big family celebrations. Finally, I've sent a letter detailing how we've always managed to communicate and I have letters from colleagues who met Abdo during my business trips who are willing to state that Abdo, while not fluent, is certainly able to get his point across in English.

INSHAALLAH this will do the trick! I will continue to follow up with the Consulate via email. I'm actually going to ask them today if they keep a log of emails. I've been emailing them questions since before we were married. If they don't, I could send copies of these emails as I've saved every reply they sent.

Well, just thought I'd update the group.

Patty Khadijah

Thanks for letting us know. When are you gonna send the evidence??
:)

Khadija Dec 10th 2003 8:07 pm

Well, the UPS with the tax transcripts should be to Abdo by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. He has to meet with our friend to review everything. So, I suspect it'll be Sunday at the earliest before he sends it off via their courier service. Probably more like Monday. Best guess on the Consulate receiving it is Tuesday or Wednesday. Luckily, I'll be in Montreal on business so I won't have the chance to dwell on this too much which, in a way, will be a relief!

Patty Khadijah

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks for letting us know. When are you gonna send the evidence??
:)

Alecca Dec 10th 2003 10:15 pm

Good luck :) We're still praying for you to complete the 12/3 interview squad successes!