Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Failed k1 drug test marijuana

Failed k1 drug test marijuana

Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failed k1 drug test marijuana

Originally Posted by Ivemadeamistake
That does make an interesting read, however it is 13 years old, not applicable to my type of visa and the gentleman in question is from the Philippines. I may have forgotten to mention that I am English.
Re bold: in what way do you think this is relevant?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Knightsbridge and the "99% certain" advice I was given by manager of the drug testing cases that it would be 3 months of drug testing and if they are all clear then I'm good to go
Thank you for you're responses
Is the manager you quote a VO? Does s/he have decision-making authority for the granting of a visa?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Ivemadeamistake is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it could possibly be a contributing factor, not as much as the date of the law suit though.
The manager was the person in charge of submitting the information to the relevant authority, she is the only person from the surgery who deals with them. So as she does deal with them on a daily basis I would hope that she has some knowledge on the matter.

I understand I've made a mistake and am paying the price for it but I've got to be honest a fair few of these posts seem to be more negative than helpful.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

but I've got to be honest a fair few of these posts seem to be more negative than helpful.
Really? I see members providing useful information.

In what way do you find the provision of information negative?

What would you prefer to be told instead?
What's your specific question?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

I'm not here to make enemies, I'm honestly just worried out of my wits. I'm just wanting to know if anyone has shared my experience.

Apologies if I came across hostile
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Very few on the these forums I imagine...
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The manager was the person in charge of submitting the information to the relevant authority, she is the only person from the surgery who deals with them. So as she does deal with them on a daily basis I would hope that she has some knowledge on the matter.
You should go into this assuming she has no knowledge on the matter. You won't really know the outcome until you have your visa interview. The interviewing officer is the only one who decides how to proceed once she sees your medical results and talks to you face to face.

My guess is that you'll eventually get the visa in hand, just a matter of how long it takes. In the meantime, all you can do is go about your daily life as you were before, until such time that the visa is granted.

Rene
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

I hope that I will be able to persuade them it was a one off then, thank you for your responses
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Off topic, and just briefly, where are you moving to and what kind of job will you be looking for?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

California and I'm just finishing my masters in IT so anything in that area, maybe agile project management.
Why do you ask?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cause I'm very much interested in career matters.
I also have a Masters in I.T. by the way.
It's getting harder these days just having a Degree but a Masters should help.
You have experience? A Linkedin profile? (important)

California is a big place, do you already have a location established? The major cities are very expensive.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen cases elsewhere and of late they have all been a year, some
consulates have drug testing as part of the standard medical, Jamaica comes to mind.

Hotscot is a nosy bastard.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Hotscot is a nosy bastard.
True, true...

OP. Check out Dice.com if you haven't already...
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hotscot
True, true...

OP. Check out Dice.com if you haven't already...
We all are to be fair
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
We all are to be fair
Only because we care...
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Only because we care...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.