British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Failed k1 drug test marijuana (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/failed-k1-drug-test-marijuana-852263/)

Ivemadeamistake Feb 6th 2015 10:02 pm

Failed k1 drug test marijuana

Hey
I've just got back from my medical at Knightsbridge where I admited to prior drug use. Little did I know that this would result in a drug test there and then.

I am sure that I will not pass this as I had a few puffs on a joint a week ago.

After having a frantic few mins of feeling my life was crumbling around me the surgery manager was very supportive and explained to me that this can be remedied over 3 months with random drug tests. I made sure to clarify the timeline as I was sure it was a 12 suspension.

Has anyone else had experience with this type of thing? I am not a regular drug user and it was a moment of drunk stupidity that I hope has not ruined my future

sir_eccles Feb 6th 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Failed k1 drug test marijuana

I think there was a similar thread a while back where someone had to do the routine tests over several months. Use the search feature.

Ivemadeamistake Feb 6th 2015 10:20 pm

I saw the other threads saying 12 but she was explicit with 3 was just seeing if anyone else had the same experience with timeframes

Michael Feb 6th 2015 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ivemadeamistake (Post 11558275)

Marijuana Drug Test Detection Times | California NORML

johnnybrown532 Feb 7th 2015 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ivemadeamistake (Post 11558275)
Hey
I've just got back from my medical at Knightsbridge where I admited to prior drug use. Little did I know that this would result in a drug test there and then.

After having a frantic few mins of feeling my life was crumbling around me the surgery manager was very supportive and explained to me that this can be remedied over 3 months with random drug tests. I made sure to clarify the timeline as I was sure it was a 12 suspension.

Has anyone else had experience with this type of thing? I am not a regular drug user and it was a moment of drunk stupidity that I hope has not ruined my future

If people say it can be corrected with random drug tests then you should be in luck but DONT SMOKE IT AGAIN because if you give another positive reading you might be in real trouble. It might be rather expensive having to go there for drugs tests depending upon what part of the country you live in.

Manjo Feb 7th 2015 9:01 pm

Did they do a urine test or a blood test? If a blood test, you definitely wouldn't have had any in your system after a week if it was just a one off and you're not a regular/heavy smoker and you should have kept quiet.

If a urine test and it was just a one off, you probably wouldn't have shown up either to be honest. Especially if you'd done plenty of exercise during the week to burn off the THC containing fat cells.

Did you actually tell them that you expected to test positive there and then? If not, things will go better for you. If you did admit to them that you smoked a week ago, then you're probably pretty screwed to be honest mate, sorry :(

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 7th 2015 9:57 pm

Used to be a 3 year ban now 1 year.

Ivemadeamistake Feb 7th 2015 10:02 pm

Well I had a blood and urine test the manager at Knightsbridge and the doctor stated that if there was a chance and I didn't admit it then I would be in much deeper trouble as I would be treated as an unreliable witness.
So I owned up, had a long talk with the manager who is in charge of submitting the drug test, she said as it was a one off she would back me and the worst I would get is 3 months of random drug tests. If they all come up clean then I'm good to go.
Pretty confused as I'm getting told one thing from the officials and other from forums :/

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 7th 2015 10:11 pm

Consulate decide on consequences.

I did not think drug test was standard, times may have changed.

Ivemadeamistake Feb 7th 2015 10:20 pm

I admitted to trying it whilst at uni almost 10 years ago, little did I know that that addimition leads to a drug test.....
All I can do is pray for the best

Manjo Feb 7th 2015 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 11559001)
Consulate decide on consequences.

I did not think drug test was standard, times may have changed.

It's not, you only test a drug test if you admit to drug and alcohol use or if they suspect you of it.

Ivemadeamistake Feb 7th 2015 10:32 pm

Yeah slipped up there

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 8th 2015 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Ivemadeamistake (Post 11559016)
Yeah slipped up there

:nod:

S Folinsky Feb 8th 2015 1:49 pm

Google "Pazcoguin v Radcliffe"

Then you may want to consult with a good immigration lawyer.

Ivemadeamistake Feb 8th 2015 2:06 pm

That does make an interesting read, however it is 13 years old, not applicable to my type of visa and the gentleman in question is from the Philippines. I may have forgotten to mention that I am English.

The main query of this thread was to find out if anyone had any recent experience with this sort of situation? I am aware that it used to be a life time ban, then a three year ban and now possibly a one year ban. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Knightsbridge and the "99% certain" advice I was given by manager of the drug testing cases that it would be 3 months of drug testing and if they are all clear then I'm good to go :)
Thank you for you're responses