Wikiposts

Expired EAD

Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired EAD

Originally Posted by breadhead
Her EAD has expired and she Is unable to work to support her child

What would be the ramifications if found working?
instant deportation ?
A fine ?
I went back to your first post, and I am wondering why she wants to stay in the USA now, anyway. She is divorcing and will have no status here at all, and no way to fix her status here in the future (because as a K-1 entrant, she can't adjust her status via any other route except marriage to the person who sponsored her). It will be a very rough life for her and her daughter, living in the USA, unable to work, and still having no way of adjusting status, even if she remarries. Her best bet would probably to go back home where she can properly work and care for her child.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:23 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I went back to your first post, and I am wondering why she wants to stay in the USA now, anyway. She is divorcing and will have no status here at all, and no way to fix her status here in the future (because as a K-1 entrant, she can't adjust her status via any other route except marriage to the person who sponsored her). It will be a very rough life for her and her daughter, living in the USA, unable to work, and still having no way of adjusting status, even if she remarries. Her best bet would probably to go back home where she can properly work and care for her child.

Rene
Will she be allowed to take the child with her though...
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Will she be allowed to take the child with her though...
Good point. For some reason I was thinking this was a child she brought with her from a previous relationship. But I guess you're right, it could be a child as a product of her current failing marriage.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

breadhead is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still not quite sure what it is you're looking for. If you go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration forms, I-765, Question #16. This is where she needs to have a status category to fall into in order to be eligible to obtain an EAD. Part 2 of the Instructions lists all the categories that are eligible. If she does not fall into any of these categories, then she isn't eligible for an EAD. It's that simple. Without the EAD, she can only work illegally. Many people do work illegally and do not get deported, but of course illegal work isn't great and the pay probably sucks. If by some chance she works illegally and gets discovered, as I said it probably wouldn't be fact that she was *working* illegally as much as the fact that she has no *legal status* here, which would get her deported.

I still don't know what documentation you are looking for. I doubt there is anything in writing that says she can't work without an EAD. People DO work without EADs....illegally. What you *can* find is the fact that she's isn't eligible to receive an EAD, which also means that she can't work legally.

Rene
Thanks that sound like a better path to look into as i was just looking at that section to .

i want to thank you for the posting and i am sure she will pleased with the findings
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

i am sure she will pleased with the findings
How so?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
How so?
oops just wanted to point out the marriage was failing under domestic violence as she was brutally batted. Now she this is the case she could file under the I-360, is there any time limit seh should submit the I-360 application as the last time I saw the was change in price

Last edited by breadhead; Jul 16th 2007 at 6:21 am.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

oops just wanted to point out the marriage was failing under domestic violence as she was brutally batted. Now she this is the case she could file under the I-360, is there any time limit seh should submit the I-360 application as the last time I saw the was change in price
Yeah, I figured that's where you were going with this.. interesting how it has escalated as the issue through your thread.

This really isn't something she should file on her own.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yeah, I figured that's where you were going with this.. interesting how it has escalated as the issue through your thread.

This really isn't something she should file on her own.
no choice i guess as she has no cash and has to try
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:54 am

no choice i guess as she has no cash and has to try
There are some attorneys who will take pro-bono cases, she should look for one of those. There are also some places like Catholic Charaities which have low-cost or free immigration services, she doesn't have to be Catholic to use them.

She should seriously look into getting some help with this.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:58 am
Just Joined

There are some attorneys who will take pro-bono cases, she should look for one of those. There are also some places like Catholic Charaities which have low-cost or free immigration services, she doesn't have to be Catholic to use them.

Rene
oooh that i very nice help on that one ..thank you very much
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Rene

oooh that i very nice help on that one ..thank you very much