British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Expedition of AP card (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/expedition-ap-card-919878/)

JuniorJ194 Dec 3rd 2018 5:44 pm

Expedition of AP card

Hi guys. My nan recently was put into an assisted facility for her Alzheimer’s as it was got really bad and they don’t know how long she has. I expedited my case in these grounds so that I could spend my last Christmas with her. The USCIS status just changed to “Expedited case completed”.. what does this mean?

Josh

Noorah101 Dec 3rd 2018 6:06 pm

Re: Expedition of AP card

My guess is that your AP case is complete and you should be getting the AP document in the mail, maybe?

Remember not to leave the USA untll you have the AP document IN HAND.

Rene

JuniorJ194 Dec 3rd 2018 6:30 pm

I was hoping it was, but it’s happened pretty fast as I only filed last Wednesday. I’ve been waiting 4 months already for my combo card. I had one status saying it was assigned to an officer, then one saying they send my request. The last one was that it was complete.. but I’ve no status change in my case yet! Just when I expand it.

Oh no don’t worry I won’t be leaving without some sort of proof that I’m allowed back haha!

Jack8602 Dec 3rd 2018 7:16 pm

Did you expedite it through your local congress office, or via a service request with USCIS?

Once it's been approved, you'll get the notification that the I765 and I131 forms have been approved as opposed to the message 'expedited case completed'

This was what happened in my scenario anyhow, although i went through my local congressman's office.

Rete Dec 3rd 2018 8:32 pm

Junior, please note that you might not get an expedited EAD. You requested an expedited Advance Parole and that has been adjudicated. You might only receive the AP in paper form. It use to be two sheets of paper, a duplicate. You present both on the return trip. The paper is stamped with a legend "Paroled into the US blah, blah, blah." They will keep the other copy.

Do not leave until you have it in your hands. Make a photocopy of scan it onto your system so that you always have a copy god forbid it gets lost or stolen while traveling.

JuniorJ194 Dec 4th 2018 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12603599)
Junior, please note that you might not get an expedited EAD. You requested an expedited Advance Parole and that has been adjudicated. You might only receive the AP in paper form. It use to be two sheets of paper, a duplicate. You present both on the return trip. The paper is stamped with a legend "Paroled into the US blah, blah, blah." They will keep the other copy.

Do not leave until you have it in your hands. Make a photocopy of scan it onto your system so that you always have a copy god forbid it gets lost or stolen while traveling.

Hi Rete!

I understand this. I explained When I wanted the AP expedited that the EAD is not my main concern right now. I wouldn’t forgive myself if I couldn’t make it back home if something happened to my nan. But yes, I won’t be leaving unless I have one in my hand.. I read the consequences last week hah!

Joshua

notaclue Dec 4th 2018 1:45 am

It usually arrives within a week of it being processed. Mine took three days.

JuniorJ194 Dec 4th 2018 2:25 am

Originally Posted by notaclue (Post 12603680)
It usually arrives within a week of it being processed. Mine took three days.

did yours show the same message before you received your AP?

Rete Dec 4th 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194 (Post 12603674)

Hi Rete!

I understand this. I explained When I wanted the AP expedited that the EAD is not my main concern right now. I wouldn’t forgive myself if I couldn’t make it back home if something happened to my nan. But yes, I won’t be leaving unless I have one in my hand.. I read the consequences last week hah!

Joshua

I only mentioned it because another poster said you would be getting the EAD/AP card together. Remember others read these posts and they might not know what you know and it is easier to have it stated upfront for them to read, as well, as advising you on how the paper AP will / should work.

Your reason is exactly why we have always said that adjusters should apply for AP. Emergency travel, such as yours, comes up without warning. Better to be prepared, then not.

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope that she recognizes you when you get there so that you will have that happy memory to take away with you.

Jack8602 Dec 4th 2018 1:58 pm

In reference to the above, i got a paper AP and my EAD with the AP on it.

My paper AP arrived once the online system said my i131 case has been approved. My EAD followed shortly thereafter

JuniorJ194 Dec 5th 2018 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12603862)
I only mentioned it because another poster said you would be getting the EAD/AP card together. Remember others read these posts and they might not know what you know and it is easier to have it stated upfront for them to read, as well, as advising you on how the paper AP will / should work.

Your reason is exactly why we have always said that adjusters should apply for AP. Emergency travel, such as yours, comes up without warning. Better to be prepared, then not.

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope that she recognizes you when you get there so that you will have that happy memory to take away with you.

Thanks! I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and said I’ll be coming home and she sounded excited. I’m still waiting for a letter or my status to change but it hasn’t yet. I’m going to wait a few days then ring to see what is happening with it.

Josh