Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

exact order of documents for k1?

exact order of documents for k1?

Old Aug 29th 2002, 5:39 am
Matildaknot

Default exact order of documents for k1?

Hi, Folks...does anyone know if there is a precise order for assembling the documents
for the K1 petition? I have seen some confusing info on this. I have a lengthy
"Question 19" response and therefore don't know if I should put the response with its
supporting documents or attach it to the I-129F and put the supporting documents
later. After the bio forms. I'd like to put things in the order in which they make
sense for my particular petition, but if they are strict about the order, then I'd
better adhere to it. Oh, I can't wait to finish this! Thanks!

Old Aug 29th 2002, 6:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: exact order of documents for k1?

Originally posted by Matildaknot:
Hi, Folks...does anyone know if there is a precise order for assembling the documents
for the K1 petition? I have seen some confusing info on this. I have a lengthy
"Question 19" response and therefore don't know if I should put the response with its
supporting documents or attach it to the I-129F and put the supporting documents
later. After the bio forms. I'd like to put things in the order in which they make
sense for my particular petition, but if they are strict about the order, then I'd
better adhere to it. Oh, I can't wait to finish this! Thanks!
If you are talking about the K-1, put them in the order of the checklist you sent back to the Consulate. They will ask for the documentation at your interview in the order of the checklist.

If you are talking about the I-129F put them in the order that follows the I-129F petition instructions.

Since I don't which you are talking about and what Question 19 is I can only assume that that would follow behind 18 and before 20.

Rete
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:54 am
Jonathan_atc

This site might help you in your endeavor. http://www.weslow.net/users/alixtcat/i-129ins.htm

--
Jonathan_ATC "Matildaknot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > Hi, Folks...does anyone know if there is a precise order for assembling
the
    > documents for the K1 petition? I have seen some confusing info on this. I
have
    > a lengthy "Question 19" response and therefore don't know if I should put
the
    > response with its supporting documents or attach it to the I-129F and put
the
    > supporting documents later. After the bio forms. I'd like to put things
in
    > the order in which they make sense for my particular petition, but if they
are
    > strict about the order, then I'd better adhere to it. Oh, I can't wait to finish
    > this! Thanks!

Old Aug 29th 2002, 3:47 pm
Sheila

This was my covering letter and the way it is stated is the way I set it up with my
acco fastener on the top of the page..and I had tabs with the right number placed on
the bottom of each attachment for easy finding. My petition was approved in a Month
with no problems. I did use our full names though.....Hope this helps!!!

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed my completed form I-129F (petition for K-1 Fiancé (e) visa) for
XXXXXXX, and supporting documents.

Contents include: -Check: Payment in the amount of $110.00. -Required photographs of
Sheila and Clive -Completed and signed I-129f fiancé petition. -Attachment # 1 in
response to question # 14 of I-129f petition - pertaining to child circumstances.
-Attachment # 2 in response to question # 19 of I-129f petition - explanation of how
we came to meet in person within the last two years. -Completed G-325A biographic
sheet for Sheila and Clive . -Attachment # 3 (x4) Continuation sheet for G-325A-
Sheila's employee addresses. -Attachment # 4 (x4) Continuation sheet for G-325A-
Clive's residence last five years. -Attachment # 5 (x4) Continuation sheet for
G-325A- Clive's employee addresses last five years. -Completed and signed declaration
FC-029. -Signed letters certifying intentions to marry from Sheila and Clive .
-Copies of Birth Certificates for Sheila and Clive . -Copies of Marriage Certificates
for Sheila and Clive . -Copies of Divorce Decrees for Sheila and Clive . -Original
photographs of Clive, Sheila, Sadi and Jacy together including some photo copies.
-Copies of Clive and Sheila's passport, including all stamped pages in evidence to
support proof of meeting. -Copies of a couple of Clive's old phone bills in evidence
to support proof of relationship. -Copies of a few of our flight boarding passes and
other details for evidence to support proof of meeting and ongoing relationship.
-Copy of email from London Embassy.

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 "Jonathan_ATC"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
news.com
    > This site might help you in your endeavor. http://www.weslow.net/users/alixtcat/i-129ins.htm
    > --
    > Jonathan_ATC "Matildaknot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > ol.com
    > > Hi, Folks...does anyone know if there is a precise order for assembling
    > the
    > > documents for the K1 petition? I have seen some confusing info on this.
I
    > have
    > > a lengthy "Question 19" response and therefore don't know if I should
put
    > the
    > > response with its supporting documents or attach it to the I-129F and
put
    > the
    > > supporting documents later. After the bio forms. I'd like to put
things
    > in
    > > the order in which they make sense for my particular petition, but if