Reload this Page >

evidence that you met - fiance visa

Wikiposts

evidence that you met - fiance visa

Old Jul 21st 2002, 2:20 pm
Pete

Default evidence that you met - fiance visa

Hi,

What type of evidence does immigration need that you and your fiance have personally
met within the last two years. This is regarding question 5 - part B in petition for
Alien Fiance application. (fiance visa).

I have few pictures with her.

Do you think it will help if I show them the e-mails exchange or stubs from airline
when i travelled to see her.

What did you do when you applied for the fiance visa for this question??

Thanks pete

Old Jul 21st 2002, 2:39 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: evidence that you met - fiance visa

Emails, phone bills, proof showing that you went to see her, pics, letters that you sent to her or she sent to you, if you bought her a engagement ring you can send a copy of the reciept.

I sent 2 pics of my fiance & me, a bunch of phone bills, bunch of emails & the reciepts that my fiance came to see me.

You include these type of things you should be fine.

BTW like your name, my fiance's name is Peter. heh
Old Jul 21st 2002, 3:20 pm
Girard Bourque

What some people have done that I am familar with, was the airline tickets, hotel
receipt and pictures. You know pictures speak 1000 words.

Jerry

Ranjini

> I have few pictures with her.
    >
    > Do you think it will help if I show them the e-mails exchange or stubs
from
    > airline when i travelled to see her.>>

Exactly. That's what we sent. A few photos, airline ticket stubs, boarding passes,
stamps from the passport in connection with your travelling to see her. Emails too.
Maybe letters and cards you have exchanged.

I am quoting from the K1 FAQ located at:
http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

Para 3.2). FAQ Note about evidence. You need to send copies of evidence that you and
your fiance(e) have met personally within the previous two years. Items such items
as photos, copies of passport stamps, copies of airline tickets, help prove this. In
the past many petitioners faced a delay when the INS sent them a request for
additional evidence or information. In addition, the I-129F (version 10-06-00)
indicates the INS wants "original statements" from the US Citizen and foreign
fiance(e) regarding mutual intent to marry within 90 days, plus "copies of any
evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent". (As time goes by, we
will document what people tell the newsgroup regarding this evidence, but the
"original statement" can be a simple letter attesting that you do indeed intend to
marry within 90 days. Each of you can write such a letter, or a single letter can be
written and signed by both of you.)

A..(newsgroup)..I have original signed statements from both of us (not notarized),
evidence of meeting in the past two years, evidence of a valid relationship (by way
of letters, engagement ring recpt and engagement photos, and tons of phone cards).

Hope this helps,

Ranjini

"pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > What type of evidence does immigration need that you and your fiance have
    > personally met within the last two years. This is regarding question 5 - part B in
    > petition for Alien Fiance application. (fiance visa).
    >
    > I have few pictures with her.
    >
    > Do you think it will help if I show them the e-mails exchange or stubs
from
    > airline when i travelled to see her.
    >
    > What did you do when you applied for the fiance visa for this question??
    >
    > Thanks pete

Jerry Neslund

Hi Pete,

You will want to send photocopies of one or two pictures of the two of you together,
plane and train tickets. I sent two emails from when we first started writing, two
from the middle, and two recent. You will both want to write letters explaining how
you first met, what you like about each other, and why you want to marry.

If you are doing this yourself, maybe you should buy a visa kit with detailed
instructions and a check list. I gathered all the information myself, and then paid
a lady $200 to look everything over, take pictures, make photocopies, and mail it.
The application and all the supporting docs were 110 pages. The 3 tax returns and
phone bills were most of it. It was the best money I spent because she caught a
mistake and had me gather more documents. The three month wait for approval was hard
enough, and it would have killed me to be rejected for some stupid technicality and
have to start over.

Good luck, Jerry

pete wrote:

>Hi,
    >
    >What type of evidence does immigration need that you and your fiance have personally
    >met within the last two years. This is regarding question 5 - part B in petition for
    >Alien Fiance application. (fiance visa).
    >
    >I have few pictures with her.
    >
    >Do you think it will help if I show them the e-mails exchange or stubs from airline
    >when i travelled to see her.
    >
    >What did you do when you applied for the fiance visa for this question??
    >
    >Thanks pete
    >
    >

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 1:20 am
Ranjini

Paying some one to look over your paperwork is personal choice. You will find that
90% of us here did our own, without any problem. The forms are straightforward. Read
the K1FAQ, Doc Steen's website, and Jonathan's pages (now under new management You
will find the links to all of that at: http://www.geocities.com/ranjini_m/K1visa.html
I think that Jonathan's pages in particular, are excellent especially for the fiance
visa petition, as he has step-by-step instructions. And sample forms filled out, the
links for which are now on Doc Steen's website: http://k1.exit.com/forms7.html
However, always do what you are comfortable with. Ranjini

"Jerry Neslund" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Pete,
    >
    > You will want to send photocopies of one or two pictures of the two of you
    > together, plane and train tickets. I sent two emails from when we first started
    > writing, two from the middle, and two recent. You will both want to write
    > letters explaining how you first met, what you like about each other, and why
    > you want to marry.
    >
    > If you are doing this yourself, maybe you should buy a visa kit with detailed
    > instructions and a check list. I gathered all the information myself, and then paid
    > a lady $200 to look everything over, take pictures, make photocopies, and mail it.
    > The application and all the supporting docs were 110 pages. The 3 tax returns and
    > phone bills were most of it. It was the best money I spent because she caught a
    > mistake and had me gather more documents. The three month wait for approval was
    > hard enough, and it would have killed me to be rejected for some stupid
    > technicality and have to start over.
    >
    > Good luck, Jerry
    >
    > pete wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >What type of evidence does immigration need that you and your fiance have
    > >personally met within the last two years. This is regarding question 5 - part B in
    > >petition for Alien Fiance application. (fiance visa).
    > >
    > >I have few pictures with her.
    > >
    > >Do you think it will help if I show them the e-mails exchange or stubs
from
    > >airline when i travelled to see her.
    > >
    > >What did you do when you applied for the fiance visa for this question??
    > >
    > >Thanks pete
    > >
    > >
    > >

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 2:20 pm
Whit

Pictures are good. They especially like the ones with time-date stamps these days.

Emails are on their bottom-ten list.

Airline stubs are good.

Mail envelopes are good. Send packages and snail mail.

LOLuck.. Whit

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice

I included a photo of us taken at Christmas this year, a photocopy of the receipt for my engagement ring, photocopies of our passport stamps, with accompanying airline ticket stubs/itineraries for our visits back and forth, as well as some e-mails and letters dating from the beginning of our relationship to the time I mailed in the petition (including some photocopies of the outside of envelopes showing postmark date). I also put in photocopies of the relevant pages of my phone bill for each month, highlighting the calls I made to him.

Overkill? Maybe, but our I-129f was approved earlier this month, and that's what counts!

I didn't pay anyone to look over the documents. I very carefully double checked the I-129f, the bio data forms, and made sure that I included everything they asked for and made a list of all I'd included to help them understand the organization--I put it all chronologically to give a notion of the "progress" of our relationship.

Good luck!