Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EVIDENCE OF MEETING IN LAST TWO YEARS

Wikiposts

EVIDENCE OF MEETING IN LAST TWO YEARS

Old Apr 30th 2002, 10:10 pm
Dennisl

Default EVIDENCE OF MEETING IN LAST TWO YEARS

Our I-129F application was just kicked back due to "insufficient evidence" that we
have met. I included copies of airline itineraries, and printed digital photos
(dated). I am now afraid that since it was kicked back, the INS has flagged us as a
"fun-to-audit" file and might look for more reasons to kick us back again. If I
include physical hard copies of dated photographs, will that be sufficient or should
I just bite the $1,800 bullet and hire an immigration attorney?

P.S. My fiancee is here with me as I type this! (Frustrating!)

(She is from Canada and I am from Southern California)

I suppose we could get in the car and drive to Laguna Niguel together!?!?!?

Please help!

Old Apr 30th 2002, 10:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EVIDENCE OF MEETING IN LAST TWO YEARS

You included the correct evidence. That is all we and countless others have included and have been accepted without problem.

Since she is there with you, why not do up a letter stating you two are together now on such and such a date, take it to a notary, have them witness your signatures and date and send that along with a photograph of you two together taken on that date with a copy of the front page of the newspaper held in front of you to prove the date.

Let them get around that.
Old May 1st 2002, 5:10 am
Charles

"dennisl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Our I-129F application was just kicked back due to "insufficient evidence" that we
    > have met. I included copies of airline itineraries, and printed digital photos
    > (dated). I am now afraid that since it was kicked back, the INS has flagged us as a
    > "fun-to-audit" file and might look for more reasons to kick us back again. If I
    > include physical hard copies of dated photographs, will that be sufficient or
    > should I just bite the $1,800 bullet and hire an immigration attorney?
    >
    > P.S. My fiancee is here with me as I type this! (Frustrating!)
    >
    > (She is from Canada and I am from Southern California)
    >
    > I suppose we could get in the car and drive to Laguna Niguel together!?!?!?
    >
    > Please help!

This is what my fiancee and I sent on april 29 for our k-1 visa Petition
1. Money order for $110.
2. 129F Petition for Alien Fiancée
3. G-325A Biographic Information for Lisa
4. 2 Adit photos of Lisa as specified on INS Form M-378
5. Copy of Lisa Birth Certificate
6. Legal Name Change Documenation
7. G-325A Biographic Information for Charles
8. 2 Adit photos of Charles as specified on INS Form M-378
9. Copy of Charles Birth Certificate
10. Copy of Charles Passport
11. Copy of Charles Approved Waiver Of Inadmissibility Valid to
October 17 2002
12. 2 Affidavit of bona fide intentions to marry within 90 days of
Charles arrival in the United States from Lisa and Charles
13. 2 FC-029 from Lisa and Charles
14. Certified copy of Lisa Marriage Certificate
15. Copy of Lisa Certified divorce decree.
16. Certified copy of Charles Marriage Certificate.
17. Certified copy of Charles divorce decree and divorce certificates
18. Copy of engagement ring Receipt
19. 7 copies of photographs of Charles and Lisa together 2 in New
Haven, 2 in Port Huron, 2 in Algonac and 1 in Mt. Clemens
Michigan, USA
20. 15 E-Mails Lisa to Charles dated from Nov 15th 2000 to April 27th
21. 7 E-Mails from Charles to Lisa dated Jan 16th 2001 to April 26th
22. 2 Copies of Cards sent from Lisa to Charles
23. 3 Copies of Cards sent from Charles to Lisa
24. Copy of Charles Oct 2001 Phone Bill
25. Letter from Kermit and Louise (Grandparents)
26. Letter from Chris (FRIEND)
27. Letter from Charles

She never saved the airline ticket from the first time we met But we have 7 photos of
us together 2 comfirmed by her grandparents letter 2 comfirmed By her friend Chris
also we sent one photo of her 2 kids and her and I together also the Noterized letter
of intent to marry was notorize on apil 29 by the same person at the same time. I
hope that this will help you I too am worried about it getting sent back considering
I noticed a small error on the G-325A form about one of my previous addresses. Just
the house # is wrong but its the same as the next place I lived. So far I have been
told it is unimportant and not to worry about it but I do have to correct it for my
waiver of Inadmissibility because they have the correct adress from my previous
waiver. I printed 3 sets of G325A from the fillable forms thats why I noticed the
error. Anyways I only live 30 miles from her In canada so they also have a record of
me crossing theborder every weekend for the last 6 months.

Old May 1st 2002, 5:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of overkill Charles but glad it worked well for you. The Service Center is looking for proof that you have physically met not in proof of the emotional aspects of your relationship or the involvement of other people.

My Canadian husband lived 8 driving hours from me but we visited once every other weekend during the fall of 1997 (August through November) and spring of 1998 (April through June) both before and during the I-129F processing, its approval and the wait for the K-1 interview. Never had any proof of those drive throughs. I spent a total of five weeks at his house in Canada during that time and he spent a month at mine before the K-1 interview. The only evidence we had was one measly photo of us together and my airline boarding passes and one stamp in my passport.

Our 129F was approved in less than 10 days from mailing to receipt of final NOA in my hands and all with only the very same evidence that Dennis provided.

Guess my point is that Dennis is not wrong, nor are you right, in the amounts of evidence you chose to send with your application. I'm just afraid Dennis will look at your list and think he was negligent in someway in completing his petition when that is not the case at all.
Old May 1st 2002, 5:40 am
Mrtravel

dennisl wrote:
    >
    > Our I-129F application was just kicked back due to "insufficient evidence" that we
    > have met. I included copies of airline itineraries, and printed digital photos
    > (dated).

I would agree that if that is all you submitted, it isn't enough. The dates on the
photos is easily adjustable, and an itinerary doesn't prove travel. Do you have
boarding passes or airline FF mileage statments?

If she is current here, why not just get married and adjust?

Old May 1st 2002, 2:10 pm
Charles

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bit of overkill Charles but glad it worked well for you. The Service Center is
    > looking for proof that you have physically met not in proof of the emotional
    > aspects of your relationship or the involvement of other people.
    >
    > My Canadian husband lived 8 driving hours from me but we visited once every other
    > weekend during the fall of 1997 (August through November) and spring of 1998 (April
    > through June) both before and during the I-129F processing, its approval and the
    > wait for the K-1 interview. Never had any proof of those drive throughs. I spent a
    > total of five weeks at his house in Canada during that time and he spent a month at
    > mine before the K-1 interview. The only evidence we had was one measly photo of us
    > together and my airline boarding passes and one stamp in my passport.
    >
    > Our 129F was approved in less than 10 days from mailing to receipt of final NOA in
    > my hands and all with only the very same evidence that Dennis provided.
    >
    > Guess my point is that Dennis is not wrong, nor are you right, in the amounts of
    > evidence you chose to send with your application. I'm just afraid Dennis will look
    > at your list and think he was negligent in someway in completing his petition when
    > that is not the case at all.

Rete I was not trying to say anyone was wrong I just wanted to let him know what
we had sent. Maybe we did over kill a little but one thing I know for sure is we
have set a date of Dec 31 2002 for our wedding and just did not want them to have
any reason to deny or delay the petition because I already know that an I601 will
be required