Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

everything but Police Certificate for Moscow K-1 interview

Wikiposts

everything but Police Certificate for Moscow K-1 interview

Old Jul 19th 2001, 10:59 am
curem

My fiancee has a K-1 interview with Moscow Embassy next tuesday (july
24). We have a police certificate from the city where she lived from age 16 - 40 in
both married and maiden name but she has been in Moscow for the last 4 years and
Moscow Police say the Moscow police certificate will not be available until
around August 9. We have tried everything including a letter from the embassy to
the police but they won't budge. What happens if she goes to the interview with
all papers in perfect order except missing Moscow police certificate? Should we
try to get the interview posponed? Should she go without the police certificate
from Moscow?

Old Jul 19th 2001, 12:19 pm
Vicki

You could try. My husband had certificates from two countries and no one asked to
even see them...but that was in London.

Vicki

curem wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 19th 2001, 2:04 pm
william michael munc

If she is not able to get her report in time maybe she should get a letter and write
that it will not be ready until that date and have the police sign it, at least they
will see she did her best, also I would try without it and let them be the ones that
tell you if there is a need for a new interview date. Sometimes they say send them
what they need and you can go get your visa after they receive it. If she lives in
Moscow that should be easy enough.

Good luck Mike

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My fiancee has a K-1 interview with Moscow Embassy next tuesday (july[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 24). We have a police certificate from the city where she lived from age 16 - 40[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in both married and maiden name but she has been in Moscow for the last 4[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > years and Moscow Police say the Moscow police certificate will not be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > available until around August 9. We have tried everything including a letter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from the embassy to the police but they won't budge. What happens if she goes[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to the interview with all papers in perfect order except missing Moscow police[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > certificate? Should we try to get the interview posponed? Should she go[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > without the police certificate from Moscow?[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 20th 2001, 6:28 am
Jonathan Edwards

Just back from Moscow Interview... While there, my fiancee met a young woman from
another town who only had a police certificate from her local police. At the
interview, they would not even accept her papers. They told her to get a police
certificate from the Moscow Central Information Unit. The local one was no good. This
was at the end of June.

You can try, but do not be disappointed if they tell you to wait until you receive
the certificate from Moscow.