British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Estimated time to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Service Center (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/estimated-time-mail-receipt-i-751-california-service-center-328334/)

shahrokh22 Sep 27th 2005 9:35 pm

Estimated time to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Service Center

Hi There,
Does anybody know an estimated time for the immigration office to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Processing Center?

I mailed my documents using certified mail method. My package was received by INS on September 19, 05 (I received the certified mail return portion). But shouldn't I also receive a receipt from Immigration office with a receipt number printed on that? Does anybody know an estimated time of when I will receive that receipt from California processing center? I have not received it as of today (September 27).

Elvira Sep 27th 2005 9:42 pm

Re: Estimated time to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Service Center

Originally Posted by shahrokh22
Hi There,
Does anybody know an estimated time for the immigration office to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Processing Center?

I mailed my documents using certified mail method. My package was received by INS on September 19, 05 (I received the certified mail return portion). But shouldn't I also receive a receipt from Immigration office with a receipt number printed on that? Does anybody know an estimated time of when I will receive that receipt from California processing center? I have not received it as of today (September 27).

Well, let me tell you that our petitions were received by CSC nearly six months ago and we (that's 5 of us!) NEVER received a NOA - despite the fact that the online status said that these had been sent. It's one of those USCIS mysteries.

Check whether your check has been cashed. if so, your WAV number(s) will be printed on the back, which will enable you to check your status online.

Noorah101 Sep 27th 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Check whether your check has been cashed. if so, your WAV number(s) will be printed on the back, which will enable you to check your status online.

The status of I-751's cannot be checked online.

Rene

shahrokh22 Sep 27th 2005 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Well, let me tell you that our petitions were received by CSC nearly six months ago and we (that's 5 of us!) NEVER received a NOA - despite the fact that the online status said that these had been sent. It's one of those USCIS mysteries.

Hi Again,
Unfortunately, I sent them a certified check. So I guess I wont be able to receive a number that way. It seems like all I have to hold on to is the certifed mail receipt.

shahrokh22 Sep 27th 2005 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The status of I-751's cannot be checked online.

Rene

Hi Noorah,
I do not want to check the status using the receipt. I just want to receive the receipt as a proof that I have mailed my documents.

meauxna Sep 27th 2005 10:49 pm

Hi There,

You normally get a Notice of Action shortly after filing--you will need this letter as proof of continued Permanent Resident status.

From Nebraska Service center, we got ours within a week, but I would not be overly concerned until one month goes by. It's barely been one week at this point.

Noorah101 Sep 27th 2005 10:52 pm

Hi Noorah,
I do not want to check the status using the receipt. I just want to receive the receipt as a proof that I have mailed my documents.

Yes, I understand. Sorry, I was replying to Elvira who mentioned checking status online.

Best Wishes,
Rene

shahrokh22 Sep 28th 2005 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira

Hi Again,
We received our Notice Of Action (NOA) today. THAT WAS FAST. They received the package on September 19 and we received the NOA September 28. I hope you will receive your permanet cards as soon as possible. Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts.

Sincerely Yours,

Shahrokh

bantik2005 Sep 28th 2005 11:54 pm

Hi Again,
We received our Notice Of Action (NOA) today. THAT WAS FAST. They received the package on September 19 and we received the NOA September 28. I hope you will receive your permanet cards as soon as possible. Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts.

Sincerely Yours,

Shahrokh

Wow, see how it works:)
I heard that CA service center is processing pretty fast.
I hope it is true.
good luck!

Denis Sep 29th 2005 1:28 am

Re: Estimated time to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Service

bantik2005 dusted off the keyboard, lubricated the mouse and eloquently
typed:

>
    > Wow, see how it works:)
    > I heard that CA service center is processing pretty fast.
    > I hope it is true.
    > good luck!

They seem to have stalled at the moment, the processing date for I-751's
has only moved by one day in the last two months (from June 8th to June
9th!)

:-(

Denis

kwisking Sep 30th 2005 7:06 pm

Yes you will get a letter stating that your Green Card status has been extended for 1 year. With a reciept # etc. But you can't use the system on the internet to look up your status. They just don't offer that service for I-751s. I think it took a week or two before I got my receipt. If you don't get anything within 2 weeks I would call the Service center and ask em whats up.

Also this was last year around July that I sent my I-751 in. My I-751 was approved in at the end of January 2005 I got my 10 year card around March 1st.

Hi There,

samal1485 Sep 30th 2005 9:33 pm

California is THE most fastest center. A receipt should take 2-3 weeks the most.

Samal

Originally Posted by kwisking
Yes you will get a letter stating that your Green Card status has been extended for 1 year. With a reciept # etc. But you can't use the system on the internet to look up your status. They just don't offer that service for I-751s. I think it took a week or two before I got my receipt. If you don't get anything within 2 weeks I would call the Service center and ask em whats up.

Also this was last year around July that I sent my I-751 in. My I-751 was approved in at the end of January 2005 I got my 10 year card around March 1st.