Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Establishing Proof of Valid Relationship

Establishing Proof of Valid Relationship

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 6:20 pm
Radwhacker

Default Establishing Proof of Valid Relationship

I met my fiancee in Thailand in May of this year. We have spoken daily on the phone;
e-mailed each other often; and I am going back in mid-August for two weeks to meet
her family.

My question: Is this relatively short time frame going to hurt our chances of
approval for a K-1 visa?

Thanks in advance for any information you may provide.

Doug Las Vegas, Nevada

Old Jul 24th 2002, 10:20 am
Marjeta

Default Re: Establishing Proof of Valid Relationship

[email protected] (RadWhacker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > My question: Is this relatively short time frame going to hurt our chances of
    > approval for a K-1 visa?

Doug, it shouldn't matter, as long as you have evidence that you have met in person
at least once in the past 2 years, and have a valid relationship. Besides, people
sometimes meet, fall in love and get married, sometimes in the time span of a week,
so I don't see a problem there.

Old Jul 24th 2002, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Establishing Proof of Valid Relationship

If you are worried about proof of relationship, make sure you keep all your records like phone bills, plane tickets, e-mail directories (BestGirl submitted her hotmail directory with all my e-mail headers) and anything else relating to keeping in touch. When you are together, make sure you get photos. Get photos of the two of you together and then ones of you both with her family. When I came over to the US for the second time to meet BestGirls family we got what we called 'INS photos' - photos of us with members of her family and some of her friends.

You may not need much, but it is best to get loads and not need it, that to not have it and need it.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Rick