Wikiposts

Esta Expiring

Old May 4th 2015, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Esta Expiring

On AOS from K1 with letter of Interview Waiver so should get GC in June sometime. Just been notified that ESTA expires in 30 days, do i need to renew it for UK/USA travel? I have AP. Hoping to visit UK in June, after ESTA expires, but might be before i get GC, do not want to renew it unnecessarily and CAN i renew it now i am US resident?
Old May 4th 2015, 2:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Esta Expiring

Originally Posted by Amie06
Just been notified that ESTA expires in 30 days, do i need to renew it for UK/USA travel?
I don't know if you are obligated to, but you probably should anyway, yes.

... do not want to renew it unnecessarily...
It's only $14.00, I don't see any reason not to renew if it'll give you peace of mind.

... and CAN i renew it now i am US resident?
Yes. Once you get the green card, you no longer need ESTA.

Ian
Old May 4th 2015, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Ian
Old May 4th 2015, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Pointless waste of time. Wait until you have your greencard.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are traveling using AP, you don't need ESTA (you're not visiting the USA). ESTA would require you to have a round trip ticket showing travel back to the UK (which you won't have or need).

The only problem I can see is if you are outside the USA when your AOS is approved. When that happens, you become a US PR, and the AP is no longer valid. .. in that case you'd need your GC in hand to return to the USA.

Safest thing to do is postpone travel abroad until you have GC in hand.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 4th 2015 at 3:50 am.
Old May 4th 2015, 8:41 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
..... in that case you'd need your GC in hand to return to the USA.

Safest thing to do is postpone travel abroad until you have GC in hand. ....
I left the US once without my green card, and while it irritated the immigration officer when I came back a few days later, the only consequence was a stern warning not to do it again. ..... He told me he was supposed to refer me to another desk for additional verification but he said he wasn't going to refer me because, and I quote, "I don't fit the profile". ..... this was January 2002, just four months after 9/11.
Old May 4th 2015, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you are traveling using AP, you don't need ESTA (you're not visiting the USA). ESTA would require you to have a round trip ticket showing travel back to the UK (which you won't have or need).

The only problem I can see is if you are outside the USA when your AOS is approved. When that happens, you become a US PR, and the AP is no longer valid. .. in that case you'd need your GC in hand to return to the USA.

Safest thing to do is postpone travel abroad until you have GC in hand.

Rene
That was my biggest fear, being outside the US when GC is issued, if i take a trip in June there are so many variables at play, need to book flights now.......but do I. Best leave this trip alone i think