Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Errrr a slight immigration thought regarding wife from UK (Scotland)

Wikiposts

Errrr a slight immigration thought regarding wife from UK (Scotland)

Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Errrr a slight immigration thought regarding wife from UK (Scotland)

Before my wife came to the US on visa waiver and married me 63 days later, I went to the UK (Glasgow, Scotland, UK) Point of Entry= Birmingham, England with the sole intention of meeting her. We had been talking back and forth on the internet over 2 years. At the Point of Entry I was questioned as to my intention by the UK officer. I stated that I was there to meet a friend I had been talking to over the internet for 2 years. He asked if she was a "female friend" He asked if I intended to work or stay there with her. I stated no. Seven days later I used my round trip ticket to come back to the US. I asked her if she wanted to come to the US for a while and bought her a round trip ticket, but she had to come back on a seperate plane as the remaining seats on my plane I could not afford.

We fell in love here and the rest is history.

Might the way that things occured cause a problem or extra scrutiny by the BCIS? In specific that I went to go see her first?
That she essentially came back to see me? That I spent the money to bring her back to spend time with me here?

I assume that my passport history will be checked by BCIS???

Thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:15 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Why should it? From what I have gathered in this forum it is what she said at the POE that counts. If she came into the country with the intention of marriage and lied when questioned by Immigration Officers then there could be problems.

If she came back after your visit to the UK just to spend more time with you within the period allowed by the visa waiver then it would seem strange for that to cause a problem with the BCIS. However, ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die (apologies if quoted wrong) so my words could be worth no more than the proverbial pinch of salt