Wikiposts

Error by me and them?

Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Error by me and them?

I went to apply for my drivers license today and was refused.
I have my SSN card. BUt I was missing some form of resident permit.
I have the stamped CR1 visa in my passport. Apprently I should have a I-94 aswell.
Obviously I did not fill in a VWP (I-94W) on the plane because I have a CR1. I was not aware of the need for an I-94 anyway.
That aside the requirement was not highlighted at the POE either!!!
Should I have a section from this I-94 in my passport?

So where does this leave me? I have no I-94. Will this be negated anyway when my Greencard arrives?
Also will this pose a problem when we fly to Vegas as we plan to for new year?

Who should I consult about this? Embassy? Consulate? Go back to the airport?

Here I was all smug with my SSN card and there's still something else needed!!!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:01 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Error by me and them?

Oh god .. your DMV is as stupid as all of them ..
you should NOT have a I-94
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
I have the stamped CR1 visa in my passport. Apprently I should have a I-94 aswell.
Obviously I did not fill in a VWP (I-94W) on the plane because I have a CR1. I was not aware of the need for an I-94 anyway.

So where does this leave me? I have no I-94. Will this be negated anyway when my Greencard arrives?

Hi:

Their error.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

jenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to all

Check your state's DMV. When you find the appropriate information on the website that you do not need the I-94, print it out and take it with you. The first minion you talk to may not be able to help you, but someone further up the ladder will. Polite but determined is the approach you need.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, you were right to be smug, but the DMV clerk got one over on you.

What you *should* have done was to study which documents you would need and made sure of what you had before you went. Then you could have explained to the DMVer that you DO have all of the required documents on the desk here right in front of her!

--you should not have an I-94
--that explains why no one mentioned it at the POE
--it all will be negated when your Green Card arrives
--it has no bearing on your trip to Vegas
--you do not consult the Embassy, Consulate ? or the airport
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

They're idiots... Go back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't know what's required, ask to speak to that person's supervisor! Eventually, the supervisor will confirm what you already know... the person you spoke to initially is an idiot!

Or, just go to a different DMV office.

Ian
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

You're not in Ohio are you? Then again, seems like all DMV's are hiring equally, ehm, nah let me just zip it. You get my drift.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in California - the most logical state in the US?
I've read and reread the Handbook and I think I have 'em.
There are so many variations that can be met but I read it now as no I-94 required. The I-94 is required on a Mexican Border pass!!!!
Anyway I also (for my own peace of mind) confirmed my lack of I-94 with a CDP Inspector so that's good! Very nice lady.

So I will go for a showdown with the DMV again tomorrow morning.
And to top off a good afternoon I find I've won 2 dollars on the lotto! Supreme.

Thanks for the responses.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And to top off a good afternoon I find I've won 2 dollars on the lotto! Supreme.
No WAY! Who's a lucky fellow then?

Just remind the DMV that an endorsed MRIV (what's in your passport) is the equivalent of a Green Card (aka your 'resident permit')--it proves you are a Permanent Resident, and that is what they care about.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in California - the most logical state in the US?
I've read and reread the Handbook and I think I have 'em.
There are so many variations that can be met but I read it now as no I-94 required. The I-94 is required on a Mexican Border pass!!!!
Anyway I also (for my own peace of mind) confirmed my lack of I-94 with a CDP Inspector so that's good! Very nice lady.

So I will go for a showdown with the DMV again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the responses.
Let us know how you get on - muppets. I remember when I did mine, there was a massive queue - and the bloke behind the desk just looked at his watch, and without saying a word to anyone, just got up and disappeared into the back room for his break, re-emerging 15 mins later to an even more massive queue. Automatons....