Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Entered visa Atlanta with my AP

Wikiposts

Entered visa Atlanta with my AP

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:20 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entered visa Atlanta with my AP

I just wanted to inform everyone that my husband and I got back from our Europe trip and I entered through the Atlanta POE with my AP without any problems.

I flew with Delta and they gave me the green I-94 (or is the green one not an I-94?) after I told them that I was entering on my AP. When we arrived we went to get in the US citizens and residents line, but a lady stopped me and asked if I was a citizen, and I said no, I was a resident she told me I didn't need the card and took it away. Then when we stepped up to the immigration officer (who was very nice by the way - not what I've been used to entering without my USC husband!) she told me nicely I should have filled out the white I-94. So she scanned my husband's passport and sent us to a room down the hall along with my passport, AP, white I-94 and a green folder. The lady in the room that took my stuff typed some stuff up on the computer without even asking any further questions, stamped my AP, went and made a photocopy of it and gave me back the original. Then we were off to go. No complications or anything.

Though I should have asked them what to do if I also used my 2nd AP. Because if both AP's I received are stamped then can they still be used? Not that I plan on probably leaving the country that many more times, but I'm still curious if anyone knows...

Last edited by Steffi; Jul 23rd 2004 at 10:22 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:24 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entered visa Atlanta with my AP

Originally posted by Steffi
I just wanted to inform everyone that my husband and I got back from our Europe trip and I entered through the Atlanta POE with my AP without any problems.

I flew with Delta and they gave me the green I-94 (or is the green one not an I-94?) after I told them that I was entering on my AP. When we arrived we went to get in the US citizens and residents line, but a lady stopped me and asked if I was a citizen, and I said no, I was a resident she told me I didn't need the card and took it away. Then when we stepped up to the immigration officer (who was very nice by the way - not what I've been used to entering without my USC husband!) she told me nicely I should have filled out the white I-94. So she scanned my husband's passport and sent us to a room down the hall along with my passport, AP, white I-94 and a green folder. The lady in the room that took my stuff typed some stuff up on the computer without even asking any further questions, stamped my AP, went and made a photocopy of it and gave me back the original. Then we were off to go. No complications or anything.

Though I should have asked them what to do if I also used my 2nd AP. Because if both AP's I received are stamped then can they still be used? Not that I plan on probably leaving the country that many more times, but I'm still curious if anyone knows...

It is nice to have you back!!
I am glad to hear the POE was a breeze!!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, Steffi! Glad you had a pleasant AP experience!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:21 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I asked about this the last time I came through with my AP and was told that they just continue to stamp those two that you have - one IO told me that she'd seen APs which had been stamped on the back, they'd been used that many times so, not a problem!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:28 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

When we arrived we went to get in the US citizens and residents line,
I always felt so lucky when arriving in the US from Ireland not having to stand in immigration queues,, must suck to be in the middle of all that. Will be interesting the next time I travel as a permenent resident
Patrick
Old Jul 24th 2004, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear it went well for you!! Welcome back.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:12 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I asked about this the last time I came through with my AP and was told that they just continue to stamp those two that you have - one IO told me that she'd seen APs which had been stamped on the back, they'd been used that many times so, not a problem!
Wow, even on the back?? *LOL*

Originally posted by inquisitive40
I always felt so lucky when arriving in the US from Ireland not having to stand in immigration queues,, must suck to be in the middle of all that. Will be interesting the next time I travel as a permenent resident
Yeah, it was quite nice to enter through the US citizen and residents line as it was shorter and the IO was nicer. Though we did have a man in front of us that had a US passport but needed a spanish translator to help him with the forms...

The only confusing part to me is that on my AP it says it is valid until 5/13/05. But when the IO stamped it she wrote 21 July 2005 under the "paroled until" part of the stamp. So whatever that means?

Oh, also...now that I have the new I-94 do I use that in any future documents (in case it may be required)? Or how does that work?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The only confusing part to me is that on my AP it says it is valid until 5/13/05. But when the IO stamped it she wrote 21 July 2005 under the "paroled until" part of the stamp. So whatever that means?

It means she made a mistake and you shouldn't even attempt to use that AP after the 13th of the May, 2005. It is no longer valid after that date and others who had dates placed on the I-94 that exceeded the validity date of the AP and who were dumb enough to travel with it found themselves unable to return to the US.

Rete