Wikiposts

England to Virginia?

Old Jul 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Jenn & Ben

Default Re: England to Virginia?

rogerpenycate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Paul, I forgot several key points.
    > 1/. The Pilgrim Fathers had to DCF at the PLymouth (Devon,UK) Consulate.
    > 2/. George III did a "bulk filing" to get the British troops there.
    > 3/. A little known fact, George Washington was actually in charge of the INS, and
    > it was this fact alone that allowed him to force the Brits out as they had
    > over-stayed their visa dates.
    >
    > Anyway, it was a coincidence to see a posting "Anyone moving from Coventry to
    > Virginia" at exactly the same time as I'm doing the same thing. I'll keep my eyes
    > open for a posting "Anyone moving from Norwich to Vermont"
    >
    > If nothing else it is an appropriate day to post this message. have a good 4th July
    >
    > Roger

Neat! Thanks for the trivia!!

Old Jul 5th 2002, 3:20 am
Ben

Hi and best wishes to you too!!..... this could get very confusing if we keep
posting stuff

ben and jenn

Jememennie <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Jenn and Ben,
    >
    > I moved from England to Wisconsin, which isn't Virginia. :P But I just thought I'd
    > say hi and best wishes, as I'm called Jennie and my husband is Ben.

Old Jul 5th 2002, 3:20 am
Ben

hehe.....the difference being now, it takes about 10 hrs and you don't have to carry
3 times your weight in oranges to stop scurvy....

[email protected] (Paul) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Katie Penycate <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Jenn + Ben,
    > >
    > > I hope you don't think I was being rude. it's just such a coincidence, and it is
    > > the sort of thing they'd do. If you'd like to drop me a direct email, we can chat
    > > about where in Coventry, timeline etc (my interview is next Wednesday)
    > >
    > > Roger
    > >
    > > [email protected]
    >
    > Actually it's not that great a coincidence -- Englishmen have been resettling in
    > Virgina for about 400 years.

Old Jul 5th 2002, 3:25 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Hey gang-
My husband moved from London to Baltimore last year. We've been married a little over a year... Perhaps we should all plan a US/Brit couple get together- maybe in DC??
also, you can check out our website, too: http://www.bethandpaul.com
Old Jul 5th 2002, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Jenn & Ben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, enjoyed your website and am soooo envious at all of your travels! Very impressive!! I think a get together would be fantastic!
Old Jul 5th 2002, 7:20 am
Andy Platt

Sure, I'm quite a way from Fredericksburg though.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "rogerpenycate"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Andy, Noticed you were in VA Hows about a glass of Tizer when I get there !! Roger
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brian
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 5th 2002, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi y'all,

I'm a Fulham football supporter.
There's a bar in DC called the Washington Lounge
which is a shrine to Fulham FC.
It would be a great place to meet (or am I being
selfish !!!)

Roger
Old Jul 6th 2002, 8:20 am
Ella

/me waveys hand!! We're in Virginia too...lemme know if there is a get together!

Yours in lurking, Ella (US - UK - VA) & Den (UK - SA - UK - VA)

Old Jul 6th 2002, 9:20 am
janesays

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi, Whereabouts in Maryland/DC My wife is from MA and we got married there (La
    > Plata near Waldorf)

Rockville, but apparently its almsot north bethesda which I have been assured is a
better address!! ;o)

I would be up for a meet up, if anything happened

Alan

Old Jul 6th 2002, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

This is great! lots of people around here.... we'll have to plan something for a saturday, since we're about an hour and a half from DC (without traffic, that is! i used to live up there until this May so i know how bad it is there!!)
perhaps sometime in august?
i'm also more inclined to pick somewhere either in northern VA or in MD, as parking in DC is difficult. and we'd need somewhere that's easy to find, say off a main highway like I-95.
*just thinking out loud* :-)
Old Jul 7th 2002, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Someone needs to co-ordinate this, anyone have a direct
email ?
Old Jul 7th 2002, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

There is a brewery up in Arlington, VA, called Rock Bottom Brewery. You can check it out at this site:
http://yp.washingtonpost.com/E/V/WASDC/0025/22/79/
The address is:
Rock Bottom Brewery Restaurant
4238 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22203
Tel: 703/516-7688
Located in Ballston Common Mall, just 2 blocks from Ballston MU Metro (Orange Line.) There is a parking lot adjacent to it (costs a dollar or two) as well.
Please email me if you're interested in meeting there or if you have any other suggestions for somewhere else:
[email protected]
Any Saturday in August will work for us!
Jenn & Ben
Old Jul 8th 2002, 12:20 am
Andy Platt

If anyone is meeting at Rock Bottom Brewery I'm afraid I'll have to give it a miss
even though I could walk to it. The service there is absolutely dreadful, it's the
only place I've ever refused to leave a tip and then the manager told us we were
being unfair to the waitress because it wasn't her fault she'd brought my wife the
wrong meal *twice*.

The beer's good but I personally will never step foot in there again.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. <Jenn &amp>; "Ben"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > There is a brewery up in Arlington, VA, called Rock Bottom Brewery. You can check
    > it out at this site: http://yp.washingtonpost.com/E/V/WASDC/0025/22/79/ The address
    > is: Rock Bottom Brewery Restaurant 4238 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA 22203 Tel:
    > 703/516-7688 Located in Ballston Common Mall, just 2 blocks from Ballston MU Metro
    > (Orange Line.) There is a parking lot adjacent to it (costs a dollar or two) as
    > well. Please email me if you're interested in meeting there or if you have any
    > other suggestions for somewhere else: [email protected] Any Saturday in August
    > will work for us! Jenn & Ben
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 8th 2002, 1:43 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

How about the Olney Ale House (MD), or maybe something in Old Town Alexandria? We're up in Baltimore, so either place is a small hike- but a Saturday would be ok...
Any more suggestions we can all agree on? I can't make it on 10 August, either...
Old Jul 8th 2002, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Old Town Alexandria would be great. Lots of nice places there....Murphy's or Union Street Public House are my two fave's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.