Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

engagment/marriage to my american girlfriend.

Wikiposts

engagment/marriage to my american girlfriend.

Old May 30th 2008, 2:00 am
Just Joined

bss321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: engagment/marriage to my american girlfriend.

Originally Posted by Ray
It better to murder people than evade tax .....in the US
so basically u think yeah I'm goosed?? as I said tho I no plenty ppl who've evaded tax and are now either married or workin here on H1B visas now. why is tax evasion such a big thing with me??
Old May 30th 2008, 2:01 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
lol...it was the IRS that nicked Al Capone not the FBI.
Wesley Snipes found that out too
Old May 30th 2008, 2:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Wasn't that his accountant's fault? Shame the big bad IRS didn't believe him.
Old May 30th 2008, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bss321
so basically u think yeah I'm goosed?? as I said tho I no plenty ppl who've evaded tax and are now either married or workin here on H1B visas now. why is tax evasion such a big thing with me??
Did these people also lie to US Immigration about their criminal past in order to obtain a visa?
Old May 30th 2008, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
god don't no wether to laugh or cry. doesn't look good for the future. its my girlfriend I really don't want gettin hurt in all this but guess its maybe a little late for that. grrrr
Old May 30th 2008, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by English Muffin
Did these people also lie to US Immigration about their criminal past in order to obtain a visa?
I no 1 person did for sure. he said cause he was in the states when he applied for marriage license that he didn't need to get crime report, just FBI check instead. that was 9 yrs ago tho.
Old May 30th 2008, 2:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I no 1 person did for sure. he said cause he was in the states when he applied for marriage license that he didn't need to get crime report, just FBI check instead. that was 9 yrs ago tho.
Go to www.ailalawyer.com and start making phone calls. If you find even ONE lawyer who is willing to take on your case and give it a shot, go for it with him. That's about you only chance. This isn't a do-it-yourself scenario.

Rene
Old May 30th 2008, 2:20 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Nowaday they check everything ..things have moved along
Hope he never applies for citizenship
Old May 30th 2008, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Go to www.ailalawyer.com and start making phone calls. If you find even ONE lawyer who is willing to take on your case and give it a shot, go for it with him. That's about you only chance. This isn't a do-it-yourself scenario.

Rene
yeah I've been on there last night, spoke to a lawyer this mornin from that site and he's willin to take it on. says its very complicated but not unrealistic. got an appointment with him on monday so here's hoping. thanks for the info.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:04 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say if you have been truthful with your girlfriend about your violent behavior. If you haven't, then I suggest that you tell her everything and then let her decide whether she wants to be with someone who has such tendencies and still chooses to drink alcohol in spite of it.

You don't seem to grasp the gravity of your having lied to the US government in order to procure a visa. Not only that, but you have now spilled the beans on a very public website for anyone and everyone to read. Including USCIS.

Personally I think that, assuming your girlfriend is still willing to stay with you despite all the lies and deceit, not to mention your criminal background, you should put your efforts into getting her to emigrate to the UK. According to you, she doesn't have any baggage that would prevent her from doing this, so it just makes logical sense.

~ Jenney
Old May 30th 2008, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
You don't say if you have been truthful with your girlfriend about your violent behavior. If you haven't, then I suggest that you tell her everything and then let her decide whether she wants to be with someone who has such tendencies and still chooses to drink alcohol in spite of it.

You don't seem to grasp the gravity of your having lied to the US government in order to procure a visa. Not only that, but you have now spilled the beans on a very public website for anyone and everyone to read. Including USCIS.

Personally I think that, assuming your girlfriend is still willing to stay with you despite all the lies and deceit, not to mention your criminal background, you should put your efforts into getting her to emigrate to the UK. According to you, she doesn't have any baggage that would prevent her from doing this, so it just makes logical sense.

~ Jenney
girlfriend knows everythin about my past. I no I lied on visa application but that doesn't mean I lie about everythin as u seem to of assumed. no1's perfect and before I got convicted here all my past charges were a long time ago when I was a lot younger than I was now. one night of misfortune got me into trouble here.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:22 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm stunned tbh, Here's us, with our noses nice and clean, stressing out about getting my spouse visa approved, and yet coming on here today this is the second thread with people who have records as long as my arm trying everything they can to get into the country, by whatever means they can!!

I find it very frustrating that its because of people that try and lie and deceive their way into the US, honest people get put through the ringer and treated with suspicion.

You should marry your girlfriend, go home to the UK, get a decent job, apply for a spouse visa and get your then wife back there with you.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:23 am
Ray

girlfriend knows everythin about my past. I no I lied on visa application but that doesn't mean I lie about everythin as u seem to of assumed. no1's perfect and before I got convicted here all my past charges were a long time ago when I was a lot younger than I was now. one night of misfortune got me into trouble here.
Take the Lawyers confidential advice ..and act on it ..
Old May 30th 2008, 4:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
That's the bit I like the best.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clarissageo
I'm stunned tbh, Here's us, with our noses nice and clean, stressing out about getting my spouse visa approved, and yet coming on here today this is the second thread with people who have records as long as my arm trying everything they can to get into the country, by whatever means they can!!

I find it very frustrating that its because of people that try and lie and deceive their way into the US, honest people get put through the ringer and treated with suspicion.

You should marry your girlfriend, go home to the UK, get a decent job, apply for a spouse visa and get your then wife back there with you.
sorry mate but have got an excellent job out here and earn a fortune so would rather just stay here. good luck wi your spouse visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.