Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Engagement Visa options

Wikiposts

Engagement Visa options

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engagement Visa options

Originally Posted by Rete
There is no way of knowing if VJ's site is up-to-date or antiquated.
...only by reading it
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Cool hand is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds as if time apart is inevitable, but i guess that's the beauty of the VWP. I assume i could still travel to USA on the VWP even if i have an immigration application on going?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cool hand

Not easy all this malarkey, but then i don't suppose it's supposed to be!
It seems to me right now that the complicated part is that you two don't know what you want to do for the next couple of years other than 'be together'. Once you've done some forward planning excluding immigration, the immigration steps will be simple (since there are few options).

Figure out where she is going to go to school first, if finishing school is a priority. I haven't read your past posts.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cool hand
It sounds as if time apart is inevitable, but i guess that's the beauty of the VWP. I assume i could still travel to USA on the VWP even if i have an immigration application on going?
Yes, it's allowed. It's a good idea to bring proof of your ties to the UK, in case the POE officer asks (i.e., letter from your employer stating when you're expected back at work, school schedule, proof of mortgage or rent...whatever applies to you).

Keep in mind that back-to-back trips are frowned upon. General rule of thumb is to spend more time outside the USA in between trips than you were just inside. For example, if you come to visit for 85 days, spend 85+ days outside the USA before attempting another visit.

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
It seems to me right now that the complicated part is that you two don't know what you want to do for the next couple of years other than 'be together'. Once you've done some forward planning excluding immigration, the immigration steps will be simple (since there are few options).

Figure out where she is going to go to school first, if finishing school is a priority. I haven't read your past posts.
Your original post said you two want to live in the UK, is that still correct?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:12 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
Originally Posted by Rete
There is no way of knowing if VJ's site is up-to-date or antiquated.
Originally Posted by helwardman
...only by reading it
Umm... Simply reading something doesn't make it up-to-date and current.

If someone (like the OP) is brand new to immigration and all that it involves, how would they know "only by reading it" whether the guide information's up-to-date or 10 years or even 20 years old? They wouldn't.

The VJ guide does not indicate anywhere when the information was last added or updated. The BE guide, by contrast, is a wiki and a quick click on the "history" tab will tell you exactly when it was last updated and by whom.

~ Jenney